Sunday, May 21, 2017

social times............

Ive had this pain in my lower back ever since I got back from CO, I couldn't figure out if it was inside or my back. I think I've decided it's my back. basically it's fine unless I bend over to put pants on or breathe in too quickly, like when I sniff my nose.  I don't recall lifting anything heavy and thought it might be from the long drive, so now I'm just waiting for it to go away. sort of awkward laying in bed on my also blah blah. I hate not being 100% ready to get to doing stuff though.  otherwise I've been enjoying the beginning of summer. was pretty dad gum busy last week after I got back.
I had a meeting Thursday at 1:30 pm , I'm getting paid to read hudreds of papers and rate them as passing or not, basically it's a review of samples from all over campus of students' writing to see if they are meeting a college level requirement etc. after that I went to swim laps and then home! yay home!  Friday I played in the yard all day until after lunch, I went south of OKC to help a lady move furniture back into her house form the garage.  A coworker and I had taken stuff out of a back room, about a month ago, so she could have it tiled. her husband is in a wheelchair with health issues etc..
I swam laps Friday morning, but not after moving furniture.  I came home instead to finish up stuff in the yard and then get ready for garden club meeting.  I was in charge of bringing some door prizes. We had a nice meeting mainly talking all about the regional meeting in June, plan plan plan. I'm in charge of table decorations and the program for the weekend. I'm going to work this week to work on that program since I have microsoft publisher on my computer there and not at home. Also I want to get that nipped in the bud so I can focus on everything else and my yard/house for the garden tour.
Saturday, S and his hubby B picked me up and took me with them to a sort of "potluck" dinner they'd been invited to.  I met the guy, K at their Christmas party.  HE was their with a younger guy, his roomate, Z. they were both there when we arrived and so was another married couple Br and Mi, who had moved up from Dallas to OKC recently and said they are enjoying meeting people. They were very nice and I chattted them up during dinner about their trip to NYC in a few weeks and plans etc.
THere was alos another guy our age there, and then 2 other younger guys who knew Z. I guess 9 in all, and we had carbs carbs carbs, ha  lasagna, pizza, spaghetti, wine, salad, deserts etc..
It was fun getting out and meeting new people, my bud S really didn't know anyone there too well either. Apparently K is a friend of his husband from AR and they reconnected in OKC somehow. At one point it was after 8pm and S and I were pretty much ready to go home, but B was chatting up our host K, being the kind natured person he is, so we stayed a little later going out to the backyard in K's new place and then back inside, sitting down, and then deserts served all around. whew. we were gone by 8 though and they brought me back home.
Today has been wonderful, nice long moring. I had planned to go to my folks' church instead of my local one because it was senior Sunday and I wasn't feeling it nor like it when they combine services and overall it just wasn't my usual routine setup, so I decided to go to my old church. except I got the time confused and when I got ready to leave, I realized they'd start half an hour ago etc etc. so I stayed home. I'll go tonight at 6 for the evening service as usual and sit with Better of course. :)
all right. moving forward into the week, must get a lot of stuff done, namely picking up my house and then getting the back yard presentable, lots of things on the porch and I need to mow.
hope everyone is having a great Spring Sunday lazy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I bet your yard is spectacular this time of year. Enjoy these not so hot days.