Thursday, March 30, 2017

beautiful week...

well, the week just got better and better. nice rainstorm blowing through, and temps chilled down a bit. ( It is SPRING after all.)  I went the gym after work as usual Tuesday, and had quite a thrill coming out of the shower after my warm up swimming laps.  suddenly as I turn the corner from the shower area, there is the lifeguard butt naked with his hands pressing down the water extractor machine on the wall there with his suit in it. whoah.  I kindly averted my eyes completely and kept walking straight forward towards a mirror there where the lockers are, the mirror with his backside reflection right in front of me. ha! hmmmm!
anyway, I made small talk as I went to get a dryer towl and he walked over to the towl shelf and got one too and then as I went to my locker he was putting on his swimsuit behind me and we talked all about him getting locked out of the pool (he had come into the locker area to the bathroom for a quick break, but they lock the door right at break time and he hadn't gotten back in before it automatically locks). And so he had to spin out the water in his suit, put it back on, grab a towell, and then go walk around down the hall through the gym complex to another pool door. ha  What I thought was cute is as I was drying off he turned to finish the conversation and then asked me my name etc. I suppose since he sees me swimming laps every single day, good time as any to say hey. ;)  I pretty much didn't catch his name in all the excitement of course. the guy is pretty much early college age, in really good shape and sort of an awkward friendly sort. 
By the way, something you may not know about me is I can be sort of a character. I constantly am one to "play" or entertain myself.  THis is what I put to use teaching to keep the students' attention and off their cell phones or asleep. ha
anyway, so at the pool every day I for a while now, when I get out of the pool after laps, right before I walk down the hall to the locker room door, I press myself up against the brick wall and leave an imprint. for no reason other than just for fun. I back up with my left leg and turn get my backside pressed up and head and then rotate a little trying to get the other leg or right arm etc.. and then just keep walking down the hall.  It began as a random act to see if the life guards would notice ( there are 2 lifeguards in there every day, one watching kiddie pool and the other lap pool).  the lifguard watching the lap pool is at the opposite end of the pool from the side we get in and out of etc. My theory has always been might as well entertain the lifeguard with the boring job and give them something random to talk about.  well that's been going on for several months as I'm living in my own little world, doing laps every day, changing up and going to work out, leaving for home, etc rinse repeat blah blah..
The only reason I mention it, and I don't know if I mentioned the physical therapist who work sin the pool with a patient on Tues and THursdays, but anyway, today he asked me about it.  ha ha. he's tall rounded off body from workouts, round head, big eyes, nice looking guy. We've only ever spoken once before in the locker rooms as I've asked him about his job, and he found out about mine, which most guys warm up and will talk since they can relate having had a college class usually. anyway, today he was walking by as I was towleing off and getting dressed, again I'm averting my eyes not to be too awkward. hubba hubba, and the guy asked me about, why do I leave an imprint on the wall? ha ha  he was like, is it to try and dry off faster? or... I laughed and said nope, it was for no reason whatsoever, just a random thing I did for play.  he laughed and said that was even a better reason hee hee.  at that point he walked around the corner to spin his swimsuit in the machine and then walked back in a towell. oh man! again I'm small talking and trying not to be awkward as I'm walking off saying goodbye to leave him to dress in peace.  Sorry too distracting to me day. !  I went and worked back and shoulders today.
I came home after gym and walked around the yard for quite a while enjoying it all.  there is a house that sold on the other side of the house next to mine. the owners and I have discussed who bought the house. I was disappointed to hear it was bought as an income property. that means renters!!!! UGHH. not that there is anything wrong with renters, it's just always a grab bag whether they'll take care of the property or not, anyway, many of us neighbors were sort of disappointed, however the news is that they are totally updating and modernizing the whole house, and it's a 3 bedroom, so we're thinking the rent will probably be pretty high, so either someone who really cares will move in or perhaps it won't rent and they'll sell it to a homeowner? we'll see.  secretly I've been trying to remember to walk down there in the dark of night and take the sign down and leave it flat on the ground.  Just out of spite for the realtor who has left it there without a SOLD sign on it so he can get as many calls from people looking in this area I suppose.  I'm feeling spiteful since he sold it to renters!! ha ha. j/k .  I'm a really nice guy I promise, just expressing thoughts of mine on the blog.  I also promise I'm not a weirdo, I jsut like to have fun, and the events recorded here all true. cheers. enjoy Spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Told you. Spring is in the air and Dan is getting frisky.
Think you need to find a guy.