Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016-2017

Goodbye 2016! Hello 2017! Goodbye things from the past that hold me back and keep me from moving forward. Hello future and what God has planned for me. Goodbye facebook (for a time). Hello Instagram and Snapchat. Hello engaging more actively in those around me, family, and work . Goodbye reading meaningless clickbait articles about trivial this and that. Hello reading books. Goodbye however I used to teach something, Hello to discovering what works better for student success. Goodbye crunchy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with chocolate chips that I've been eating all break. Hello chicken tender and broccoli. Maybe goodbye landline. Hello cell phone. Goodbye clothes I probably will never wear ever again. Hello budget for new clothes that can be worn at work because that's a need, right? work clothes? Goodbye to plants that died in my yard last year. Hello to new plants yet undiscovered that I must try next. Goodbye stacks of magazines here and there in the house that it turns out I never ever actually went back to read anything in the last ten years. Hello continued subscriptions to Outside, National Geographic Traveler, and Monocle. Goodbye election year. Hello first year of a new administration. Goodbye politicians, voters, bigots, liberals, conservatives, those who divide, and those who make peace. Hello politicians, voters, bigots, liberals, conservatives, those who divide, and those who make peace. Goodbye to those who say a lot based on faith/beliefs yet do nothing. Hello to those who act toward improving humanity putting faith/beliefs to work. Goodbye to careless spending ? Hello to paying off a car loan and investing in the house. Goodbye to investing in myself so much. Hello investing more in others. Goodbye goodbye. Hello hello! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Dwight Williamson said...

#Not my president. As for the rest of it , sounds do-able and wonderful. Especially all the new 🌱 plants yet to try. Happy New Year, Dan!

Mark Gaulding said...

That was the best thing I've read so far this year. #Not my president too Dwight. But liked that Dan included in new years possibilities since nothing can be change about Trump at this point. Thanks Dan for focusing on the upsides...