Friday, June 12, 2015

Indominus Rex....

watch out for that dinosaur because when you get that many modified genes together, it becomes artificial intelligence apparently smarter than any other dinosaur. man I got to tell ya, regardless of storyline, plausibility, reality, those things don't matter when it comes to Jurassic Park franchise, all of those things went out the door from the very first film. it's about the chase and the ride! Wow, just saw the film tonight with best bud S and our friend J.  Except for the mishap I made of getting tickets online Tuesday and thinking they were the second from the back, oops they were they were the second row from the screen. UGH!!! but alas, still good seats what with the theatre being a flat floor full of recliner seats.  we loved it!  It has all the classic inclusions of chase scenes, surprises, unsuspected obstacles, kids being terrorized, the just barely out of reach before getting chopped! I pulled my feet up off the floor in reaction at one point. such a fun thrill and boy Chris Pratt can do no wrong, he's like this awesome grown man badass in this movie. excellent character acting without the usual goofy shenanigans of other films' characters.  paricularly excellent acting on the part of Jake Johnson. not so much the guy from Law and Order who I think is a wonderful actor, but you can kind of see him acting at some points. Awesome film, and I was pleased to find out it was the same director of that sci fi film I love so much and have gone on about here before "Safety not Guaranteed" (it's on netflix, watch it!), Colin Trevorrow.
I survived the week well busy as it was, I survived dog sitting too. ha Buddy has this huge complex of a house, I think I mentioned it before this long hallways of rooms after room after rooms all in a big L shape around this gorgeous back yard with a in ground pool and two patio porches, one with a built in granite counter top grill and table and chairs, and the other with a hot tub and fire place.
well anyway, Tuesday after the gym after work, I went and picked up the dog from daycare, took it home, came back to my place to pack up some things and water plants, went back and stayed the night there.  each day I got up, went to the YMCA near my house and then home for breakfast, back to get the dog and take to daycare, then back home or to work, and then in the afternoon, pick up the dog from daycare, come home and water and eat dinner, than back to S's for the night and staying the night.  his place is awesome and comfy couches and recliners and the dog at your feet the whole time, cox cable, i watched Jurassic Park reruns all week on Scyfy (and btw why exactly is WWE Wrestling on the ScyFy channel??). it was agreat week and S's dog stayed by me the whole time, laid outside the shower at while i cleaned up each night, and was at the side of the bed or on the bed each night while I slept over.  only mishap sort of was Wednesday morning when I let her back inside after giving her mornig dog food and I hadn't realized she was wet from getting in and out of the pool and I was back in the bedroom packing up some things and she jumped up on the bed on my sheets, and I got her down then pulled the sheets over and before I know it she jumps back up there and sits on my pillow and sheet area again. ughh!! ha ha. she didn't know any better ah well.
I successfully made it to spinning class m/w/f and to yoga on T morning but not Th no way, too busy with dog stuff and getting ready for work that morning.
so today was an awesome day off and I got to see S when he got back in town and we headed over to the mall with J and had dinner, shopped around a bit and then  the movie. I'm looking forward to getting out in the yard tomorrow (it rained all morning today and this afternoon I did online class stuff). maybe going to drive up to AR Sunday, havne't decided yet. I'm including a photo of a perennial cardoon (ornamental artichoke) that I planted at S'd place last year and it grew back really well this summer. hope all enjoy the weekend. watch out for the dinosaurs on the island! :P

No comments: