Saturday, May 23, 2015

ten things to do in Denver when...........

great time in Denver!  Tuesday I got out of town by 220 with T and we headed off to my sister's in the panhandle. about a 4 hour drive.  It took us a bit more than that since I missed an exit going west on I40 as we were just sort of talking away.  headed north, north west, we hit a downpour and continued right on, also we were fascinated by all the wind turbines with their tops up into the low hanging clouds.  At my sister's, she had dinner waiting for us, we visited all night with her family and crashed by 1030 or so... I brought several potted plants up with me and explained them in the morning as we got them out of the back of my truck.  we were out of there by 9 am and headed west again... finally reaching Boise City where we took a north turn and up through Colorado,
We stopped for lunch in Lamar and went to the visited center for maps and info etc.. continued up through Kit Carson and then over to Denver... Our friends were home with their kids all home from school by the time we arrived around 430.  smoked chicken for dinner, lots of catching up, got to read one of the boys a story before bed, my favorite.  All the kids liked the gifts i'd brought.
Thursday everyone had to work or go to school. T and I drove around Denver , first stopping at Voodoo doughnuts on Colfax and driving around in general, over to downtown, parking, going over to the Tattered Cover bookstore, and then to Union Station for lunch at Snooze. it was awesome and there were about 3 or 4 nice-looking guys waiting tables. all thin, in shape, and dressed casual and looking like they were ready to get off work and head up to hike some mountain. so fit. and our waiter had the perfect charm as grinned at us every time he came by and every other table etc..
next we walked down to 16 street walking mall, eventually getting back in the truck and getting back to south Denver to our friends' place.  hung out at the place with everybody and the dad smoked chicken for dinner. our hosts wanted to go up to the gym after the kids were in bed, So my buddy and I worked out while the 2 girls walked around the track the whole time. slept well, especially with the altitude and all.
our friends were both off work Friday, so after the kids had been taken for their half day of school (and last), we went to Denver Biscuit Co for breakfast. I highly recommend it! damn good!!
we drove around a bit and then to the wife's work to visit another college friend that works there.
we got the kids back home and some napped and some watched tv, in the afternoon, the wife and I went to a very excellent nursery called Jared's while T went to get a haircut.  I bought a lot of plants, some for my friends here. ha  I'll be taking them back to Oklahoma with some very nice huge chunks of rock that my buddy got from one of his construction jobs out by the royal gorge. he brought home some huge chunks of quartz for me to put out in my flowerbeds at home. sweet!
T and I ran some errands yesterday before dinner, then we all pizza, and after kids were to bed, we all went to downtown littleton for deserts.  I have to highly recommend this place called General Store in downtown Littleton!! the cutest boy with smooth white skin and dark loose hair was working and smiling and laughing at all my jokes. T and I were cracking him up at one point while arguing about purchases. they have foodie stuff and just out of the ordinary small gift stuff... next we walked down to Deliczio's for some drinks and deserts. home later and settling in.
I sort of binge watched several episode of Rescue Me on netflix before going to sleep last night. I was skipping through to get the Probie Mike story of season 3 and then 4. some sort of gay deal with his roomate where he only receives blowjobs but then the roomie gets pissed that he still wants to sleep with girls and kicks him out and goes to the firehouse to tell everyone he's gay . then probie has to say he only recieved blowjobs, that's it, then everyone calls him gay, then his mom dies and he gets depressed blah blah blah. anyway, I'll have to see what happens the next 3 seasons but I want to get to the part where he decides he is gay and becomes a wedding planner?? wtf, the series was criticized for it's writing of the whole gay storyline with Mike and I agree it's really piecemeal.
okay well, today we're taking everyone on a hike somewhere, then this afternoon T and I will go to the botanical garden, and I hope to visit the son of the couple I stayed with in Central America this past Feb. I think we're all going to Red Rock later today or maybe tonight we're going for a concert of something. lots of rain here this weekend but I'm loving the get away relaxed feel of every day I'm here. cheers.

No comments: