Saturday, February 14, 2015

wknd agn

weekend is here! another 12 days and I'll be in Central America. woo hoo!  So much to do between now and then, namely this stack of 40 papers I'll be grading all weekend. alas!  Watching "Dog Whisper" this morning on tv, sort of my new habit on Saturday mornings.  but I'll start into the papers after this post.  I hope this weekend to get all my clothes planned for the trip. One thing I have to take with me is a suit for a formal banquet.  so I'll choose a nice tie and shirt to wear with that, otherwise shirts and jeans, and actually the weather is super nice down there this time of year but cool at night so long sleeve stuff. high altitude type stuff.
I'm excited to get away. I have the ticket paid off my visa, so now I'm itching to buy a ticket for something to do spring break.... perhaps this will be a staycation year for spring break and I'll save up some money instead to get some trees cut down in the back yard.
I didn't get as much done during my day of office hours yesterday like I thought I would.. I have a performance review coming up next week, so I opened this file to fill out my self appraisal, and after getting that done I worked some more and then came back to it at lunch and noticed it was the wrong file, the development plan instead of the self appraisal, blah blah blha. so I spent the rest of the afternoon sort of figuring it out. of course I had an hour and a half off for lunch in my office, a former student came by and talked to my for over an hour, then I had lunch.
anyway, by 3 I was out and off to the gym, swam laps, worked out back. and since my buddy S is gone away this weekend to AR, I drove west of town to see my sister, and than meet my mom and dad at a McAlister's for dinner. My dad found a Tiny Tim generator from the 40's and got it running again.  I gave my mom an American Girls doll dress as a little valentine gift, (I'd gotten it as an extra when I bought her some gifts at that store for Christmas.)

2 comments:

thatguy said...

You can always come to New York!

Fr@nco! said...

Central America ? Cool! Where exactly? I am in Nicaragua!