Sunday, February 08, 2015

first week of Feb..............

Good Sunday sunny mormning. another week gone by, and that's what this time of year is all about. working through the weeks, getting the savings account stocked back up, and letting the weeks pass by quickly until spring is here. for me, I basically keep dates in mind to work toward, end of Feb trip. then I'll be looking forward to Spring break, then after that I look forward to APril 15th which is OKC's traditional last below freezing date. next just end of spring semester and SUMMER!  sorry if I've already blogged about this.
I was approached last week at work about teaching an "Intercession" course during 3 weeks of May.
At first I was thinking it's something I'd never do. I can't even imagine having to teach a whole semester in 3 weeks, and like grading a stack of papers every 2 or 3 days. UGH!! on the other hand, since I was planning on only teaching one class this summer anyway, I could have it all done after 3 weeks and have the rest of summer off, same $$. sigh. THing is, May is usually when I get my garden thing on, and also travel a bit if possible.  I might consider it in the following summers, but this one, I've already planned to work in students advising as well so I wouldn't really have the rest of summer off, but it's tempting....
Teaching all my classes Mon - Thurs makes the week go by really fast, I am enjoying having all day off in my office on Fridays though. getting everything caught up from the week grade wise. emailing students about their absences or work not turned in ( only because it's the first of semester). and turning in all my copies to be printed for the following week.  SInce we have new books, I'm trying to get rid of stacks of papers of stuff that all goes to the old books. blah blah
I finally got a good 4th day in at the gym last week, arm day! got to keep that consistent on Friday afternoon's .  Friday night I went downtown to see the Oscar nominated live action short films at the OKC MOA. anyone else see any of them?  I vote for "Butter Lamp" probably 'cause I always lean toward a good travel/culture experience in a film.  today after church I'm going to see the Oscar nominated animated short films with best bud S.  He and I went up to the mall last night to walk around a bit and then dinner at teh food court.  I'm still crazy for the straight young manager at Fossil store. He was working and started talking to us.this sort of square clark kent clean cut dark haired guy with a British accent. He pronounced the word "curfew" without the r and S and I were like, what? ha ha, I also like the way he said "process" with a long O sound.  We were having some sort of conversation about the cops in the mall and keeping the kids out of there on Saturday nights etc etc.
Nothing new here in the world of Dan, like said before get winter over with and spring around the corner. cheers for checking out the blog.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm going to the gym 4 days a week - 2 days weights and 2 days of cardio. Mike is pushing me to do 4 days of cardio only since he says "that's what you need, you don't need muscle."