Wednesday, September 03, 2014

is it fall yet? ;)

what a weekend, missed my buddy S though, but it was fun to have my friend T here from AR. She and I ran all around the city.  First of all Friday night, I went out with my vet friend to something they have downtown every last Friday night of the month called 8th and Hudson.  basically they shut down a few blocks of Hudson street and there are a bunch of food trucks and some beer stands and tons of people walking around. everyone friendly and discussing the different food. Lots to see of course for people watching. had a lot of fun and I discovered this store down there called Verdigris that was pretty cool. I hadn't seen my friend since we spent July 4th together so we had a lot of catching up to do. She had a great family vacation in Boston but lately some hard times. a doctor friend of hers that she'd worked with for years and became good friends with had committed suicide by overdose many weeks ago.  It was a tough situation with her friend who'd been in recovery for addiction and was still able to practice but not allowed to write prescriptions and had started taking drugs from the safe at work. He was confronted and it spiralled down from there. :(.  Another sad case was a news story last week about a couple found dead near SW okc and they'd been inside the house for a month and unrecognizable, plus about 50 cats were found stuck inside with them all sickly and in poor health. Animal control brought about 30 of them to her clinic to be put to sleep so that upset her as well.  She kept one of the kittens that was healthy enough to save and adopt out. what a weird back story that cat will have, but hopefully the owner will never know, eh?
Saturday morning I was up and getting the house picked up, kitchen clean, bathroom, front room, and then the guest room which always seems to become a storage room between guests, I had to put things away and shuffle things and get it ready.  did lots of yard work all morning and then lunch at my favorite pizza place.  I ran into a current student there in my new classes who works there. He came over and said hello and I said now you're seeing me out of uniform. ha since I had on my old torn of khakis and old long sleeve tee shirt. anyway, my friend arrived by 2pm and we caught up and then went downtown shopping and towards Whole Foods for her to shop healthy stuff and veggies, also she wanted to see the Anthropologie and West Elm store over there. Later we went out to dinner at Kitchen 324 downtown which was AWESOME.
Sunday was church and Sunday School and I'm sure everyone was wondering who was the chick sitting with me. ha. and then Sunday afternoon we spent in S buddy's pool and my two older sisters came over and we jumped in and out and played and they all gabbed and gabbed. fun time. later T and I went back to whole foods for food from the buffet and then a movie Guardians of the Galaxy. I LOVED IT, for the haters, hey it's just a fun ride. it was great ! :)  Monday we had some awesome home made scones and then ran out to the outlet mall, there are like two kitchen stores there and a corning ware that T shopped all over in, and we also shopped other places. I'll have to post a photo of my haul. I have to take a pair of pants back, i got home and already have 2 of the exact same pair from the same place, dang those half off sales, just make me instantly buy more pants for work.
She went back for home by 4 and then I drove over to see buddy S who was back from AR seeing his bf. our bud J was there and we all went out for dinner. whew weekend done! :)
oh, yesterday i was checking my bank balances to see what slim pickens were left between now and my first teacher paycheck expected in two weeks, and what do ya know? I was paid already last Friday!! woo hoo. I got the credit card paid back down and saved some and now planning some travel.
Anyone ever stayed at the Hudson in NYC?  I looking for a place with 2 beds for 3 people come this December, I'm starting to research now. The affordable place I like, the Jane hotel. doesn't have a room for 3, plus since we can divide up the cost, I want to get somewhere close to Time Square of course. ha. okay, back to my short work week. cheers.

2 comments:

j.lee said...

I've stayed there recently. I liked my room a lot (the wood paneling felt nautical and the hardwood floors were nice). There was glass that allowed me to see inside the shower from the room. There was a curtain to cover it, but it was thin. So depending on who you are sharing with, you may see more of them than you want. ha.

Mike said...

Try airbnb for NYC - renting someone's apt. or condo. We have done that in Paso Robles, Mexico City, and have had great experiences each time. We might be trying it over NYE for the Hamptons.