Saturday, September 06, 2014

can't sleep...........

woke up at 330 am and can't get back to sleep. hate when that happens. I don't get the best air flow here in my bedroom from the AC, although I do have a fan constantly on medium above my bed. Nights like this when it's in the 70s outside and then my AC never kicks on so it gets a little stuffy in bed sometimes. It's supposed to get down to below 70 tonight so I expect the house to cool off at some point. high of 75 Saturday here, so should be a great day to get out and work outside if it doesn't rain all day.  IF it doesn't rain too much in the morning, I'm supposed to drive an hour north and help the club dig up some plants for our sale next week at this lady's house. not sure if I'll make it or not since I woke up at 330 and can't get back to sleep.... urgh.  Though I might as well get online and kill some time.
I had a great week and continue to get to know my students in all my classes. I didn't work our or swim much all week. Monday off work threw off my whole gym schedule, and got to bed way late Monday night, so Tuesday morning no swim, worked late so no gym. got a call late night so again no morning swim Wed, no gym cuz I came home from work with this awful headachee. I've had a kink in  my neck all week which started it.  Thursday morning no swim because I forget why. Thrusday, yes I made it to the gym after work, chest day.  Friday morning slept in but I did make it to swim laps after work yesterday, hurray.  the gym bud I always used to talke about , this college kid, he lifeguards now on Fridays so we get to chat as I'm getting in and out of the pool there. they are always slow on Friday so sometimes I"m the only one in the pool while shirtless him lifeguards.
I'm getting excited about the NYC trip in Dec, but I want to plan something for fall break too. not sure if maybe I'll just drive to somehwere texasa for that though. I'm still considering the Hudson, and also hotel Wellington and the Moderne are now on the list. I'm leaning towards hotel Wellington. Although, going on Mike's advice, I searched around airbnb.com and found some great places to stay in people's apartments there.  really interesting, so I'm debating an airbnb place or a hotel now. my Austin buddy's bf is an artist so I'm looking forward to thing to show him and talk about in general while in NYC.
right now, I'm wondering what plays to see and there is a new play with Matt Broderick, Nathan Lane, Stockard Channing, and Meghan Mullolly in the same play which seems like it's be awesome to see. I'm wondering what anything new might be good to see the fall, musicals!
thanks J lee and mike for the comments.  I guess I'll try to zonk out and see if I can get a few more hours of sleep in. good weekend to all.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I want to see Beautiful - The Carole King Musical.

Seeing Stockard Channing would be fun.

Mike said...

Oh, and now that I know where Joan Rivers NYC apt. was I need to go by the building just to see... and there's the Anderson Cooper firehouse...