Wednesday, June 04, 2014

wednesday in June

yeah, I don't usually have my shoes all strung out on the floor like that, I try to keep them all in their boxes or in the closet on the shoe rack/floor etc.  I bought a lot of my Medium brand footwear at Shoebacca.com this was before they finally clearances 'em and sold out that brand. sob.
anyway, dang it got hot this week here in OKC. and I am back to work. phew....I would have had a more interesting week but I went into the office last Friday and then again Monday this week working on the club newsletter. I was trying to figure out Microsoft Publisher on the computer in my office. and then get everything right and the news right etc.. photos put in, and little gardening poems and quotes throughout. I finally emailed it all out today and got some good feedback, except the lady who records the meeting minutes that get published in the newsletter, asking me to just publish them as she sent them to me, and I said sorry I had to make stuff fit onto a page or column. and she went on about how they should be the way they were approved blah blah. I didn't change the words, just the format so she'll have to suffer the differences. I am the editor after all!!! :P ha
so yeah I have two full classes and they will keep me busy because I can already tell their are a lot of second language latinos in the class and various international students in general. a former army dude that called me "boss" a few times. ??  and then today I started the student advising job. its a wed/fri thing just 2.5 hours of sitting in there and talking to students I guess. i have to kick it in and get to know degree requirements like quick!
swam laps at the college today after I finished my first advising shift at 5, then went to my office for a few hours to grade papers and do some last minute fixers on the newsletter. UGH enough newsletter already!
have been swimming laps all week and working out etc etc. move job tomorrow going to make it another busy day. in fact I just remembered another stack of papers I wanted to get at before bed. I'm out of here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe anyone would say this, but here it is. Moore is close to OKC ,if I remember from my OU graduate study days:

As Brunei draws international denunciations for a law making homosexuality punishable with death by stoning, there’s a candidate for state representative in Oklahoma who says he has no problem with such a penalty.

Scott Esk, a Tea Party adherent seeking the Republican nomination in House District 91, says he would not propose legislation to institute death by stoning for being gay, but he doesn’t find the idea objectionable. A reporter for Moore Daily, an Oklahoma news website, recently discovered a Facebook exchange from last summer in which Esk endorsed stoning. His statements included “I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” “ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss,” and “if men wink at such perversions, God may have no choice than to judge such nations with calamities.” He added, “I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it.”

When the Moore Daily reporter called the candidate to ask him about the matter, Esk claimed he didn’t remember the Facebook comments, but he said, “That was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God, and in that time there it was totally just. It came directly from God. I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins.”

Esk’s campaign website identifies him as a former computer programmer who now owns a window-washing business. It describes his platform as “100% Pro-Life,” “100% Pro 2nd Amendment,” and “100% Traditional Family Values.” It also outlines his opposition to what he calls “frivolous divorce,” which he says “raised its ugly head in the Esk home.” He is still trying to reconcile with his wife, he says.
It is difficult to believe this guy, is for real, but unfortunately he is. Something must be in the tea and religion!