Saturday, May 17, 2014

summer begin!

DONE!! last week of the semester is finished!! I got all the papers graded and turned back by Friday. I had 2 classes finish Wed, another 2 Thursday, and then Friday, my 8 am class which was my biggest stack of 23 essays, they came in and finished out their in class assessment. I had a lot of nice farewell and kind thank you's from students saying they'd enjoyed the class. last night was graduation and required for all profs to attend. I rode with a group of other profs. got home late....zzz. I will finish entering final grades on Monday morning and then a required lunch and DONE!!! will get back home and pack up for my NYC trip!
thanks for the suggestion of finding Edna St. V. M's place in NYC. I'd love any other literary locations of interest to pursue while in NYC. or for that matter, a must see place to shop? I'm looking forward to just wandering around and seeing what i can find. I may or may not make it to Brooklyn or williamsburg this trip. we'll see. NYC just has so much and something tells me I might just hit my usual haunts for shopping and walking. I'm undecided about central Park, I'll wait and see what the weather is like. I'm trying to challenge myself to pack up 2 outfits and everything else buy and wear while i'm there. :) we'll see about that.
I received the contorted filbert tree I'd ordered online from WA yesterday, Corylus avellana Red Dragon. and I planted it in the yard this morning and watered it in good. messed around all morning enjoying the weather. I've also been walking around with baking soda paste spread out on one forearm and a vinegar wrap on the other. I was googling what to do about the poison ivy I picked up last weekend doing the volunteer yard work. it started as just a few spots and during the week littel spots appears all around that area on my arm! ugh, not going away, so thus the research and home remedies.  If it doesn't start to go away some by Monday I'll go to the doctor and get some shots before leaving Tuesday. for sure!  I went over to my buddy S's place today to help him get some plants in some beds by the pool in his backyard. we are throwing him a big house warming party next weekend so that should be fun. I plan to get back to town Friday and from then to Saturday night will be baking and getting stuff ready for the fun.  hope to buy something fun in NYC to wear to the party also, of course.
I'm home now enjoying the great outdoors in the yard, and by 430 will be headed back over to S's and then we are going to a friend's place for drinks and then the 3 of us over to a neighborhood home tour where a friend of ours lives. food and home tour stuff blah blha. S bought me a ticket and I said I'd go with him , he's going for moral support of our friend, personally I'm trying to get off that email list of their neighborhood stuff. I'm getting into my own neighborhood area now...
anyway, that's my weekend. no gym no swimming laps. maybe tomorrow on Sunday if I get some time.... SOOOOO GLAD it's summer!watch out big apple, here I come! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to Strands bookstore near Union Square if you're looking for good bookstores in NYC. Glad that your done with your semester, have fun in NYC.

P.S. The weather In NYC has a mind of it's own right now