Thursday, May 29, 2014

first summer trip ends, summer begins...

last Thursday, I woke up leisurely and got my room all situated and packed up so I wouldn't have to do much later. walked towards the village and found C.O.Bigelow company;.  I got some of their soap years ago and really like it, so I went in and bought over $50 worth of stuff so i could have it shipped for free back home.  I shop them online now and then for gifts and thought it was pretty cool their original building still stands.  Next as you can see in the photos, I made my way towards Central Park. actually i went up to Rockefeller Plaza first, walked all around, shopped a few stores, then walked up to Central Park. Eventually i found some Deli place for lunch up near 63rd? perhaps.  walked all over the park the rest of the afternoon starting at the SE corner and just sort of heading north from there, i had no idea where I was going and ended up somehow at the Shakespeare Garden and Belvedere Castle before feeling my legs were beat and got a subway train back to the hotel to relax before dinner. I had planned to meet a former student for dinner.  I met her at 5 at Bellvue Hospital on 1st and 28th? and we both walked over to Macy's on 34th so she could run an errand and do some shopping for baby clothes. This also gave me the opportunity to shop for some baby clothes for my friend A's baby that I still needed to get a gift for.  next we got a subway up to Harlem and had dinner at Tio Lucas on Lenox and 126?? WOnderful meal. I even ordered a glass of wine which I never get anything but water with meals usually. we talked and talked and discussed her life and goals etc.. great time!
Friday morning I was up at 4 am and checking out and walking towards the 14th street subway station, up to Port Authority Terminal. Always a little stressed out about getting to my bus in time before I have to wait for the next one, as they are only every 30 minutes before 6am. I found the bus just before it was full of people and abot to leave. whew, Thank God for that! got to the airport, on my plane, and flew to Houston. 2 hour layover. UGH then back to OKC by 230pm... I decided next time I'm booking direct flights and paying the extra $50 or so... the flight up was just so great directly to NYC!

the reason the above photo looks weird is I was trying to run and pose for a self timer photo. never worked out right though. ha was fun to try. next shows an interesting bog plnat.

Apparently I like taking bridge and tunnel photos, I was thinking how I also sort of like the whole "bridge and tunnel" sort of guys too. :P ha the second photo above is the model boat lake there in Cetnral Park looking east

above shows the Shakespeare Garden, lots of Allium bulbs, and the second pic chives and fennel

As soon as I got back to OKC, I drove over to my school where they had a summer job contract i was supposed to sign, but they were having the office recarpeted and so couldnt' find it. ugh what a bother. I couldnt' WAIT to get back home... ha  I got home and checked on my house and flowerbeds, then threw my shirt and jeans into the dryer with a wet towel and went to the gym to swim laps.
back home at 6 I sat around ab it and began to get ready for dinner with all the guys at 7pm.
We'd reserved the back room at Iron Star Grill here in okc for 10 of us.  Last weekend was my buddy S housewarming party hosted by me and our friend J.  So S's bf was in town, also his bf's best friend from AR and his bf were in town.  J had 2 friends in town from Houston, and then we invited D and G, a married gay couple, friends of ours. great big meal and great time with all.
MELTED into my bed Friday night and crashed hard...ahhhhh
Saturday I was up and relaxing a bit before starting a busy day getting things ready for the housewarming party at S's. I made scones for S and his bf and 2 house guests, drove over there before 10 to deliver them, also to drop off a few flower vases...said good mornig and hello and that I'd be back in an hour...I then ran errands grocery shopping and getting flowers, got back to S's around 1130am and put on my headphones and got to work arranging 2 large vases of flowers and 2 small ones for the party.  got out of there a little after 12 and went back home.  started baking.  I made pizza swirls with ham and mushroom, then started on these homemade hostess cupcakes, and then made some of these peanut butter chocolate treats, and then another batch of pizza swirls, this time with pepperoni .got everything done by 530 which is when I was supposed to be there early.oops. it was pouring down rain at the time so I had to load everything up in the truck and get going! shaved and dressed first and was on my way.
J and his friends had already arrived and were setting out the food and chips and stuff they'd brought. I put my last batch of pizza swirls in the oven and then the earlier batch to heat up.  then started to mix and mingle with all the guests that showed up, I think we had about 25 or more total at some point.
the food was all a hit with guests and eventually I got back home by 11:30...I was beat. ha
Sunday was church, then relaxed at home, drove over to the Paseo Arts Festival around 5 and then met everybody minus D and G for dinner at Mama Roja's foro dinner at 6. Monday I enjoyed a day of not having to do anything. plus it rained all day anyhow. got a lot of cleaning and picking up done. and blogging. This week, I enjoyed my time off, swam laps in the mornings, worked out in the afternoons. went in to the office yesterday Wed, to get stuff ready and copied for classes starting next week.  Went to yoga last night with S. he had a free coupon. that was pretty hard workout I have to say.
and today I plan to swim laps this morning, then make some pizza swirls and take them over to my sisters for lunch (I need to use up the extra ingredients int he kitchen). looking forward to a nice long weekend before summer classes start up again. and the rain here has been wonderful! great summer kickoff! :)


EX Frat Man said...

Wonder what a Freudian would say about your bridge/tunnel fixation...

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great trip. you still have not elaborated on the guy with the great butt......