Friday, April 04, 2014

weekend ready

Friday, I'm wearing comfortable clothes today. Although I'm not yet convinced about the shoes I have on, I'll probably just stick with 'em and try to relax about the 'outfit' anyway, I have on a sort of skinny fit grey pair of jeans from Banana Repupblic outlet last fall.. I really like the way they have a sort of tan dirty wash to them, also the stretchy feel. they fit good all over with boxer briefs if you know what I mean. anyway, so I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt from Desigual that is dark green with turquoise stitching large letters Desigual on the top of it and a faint greyish tan print of a wolf on the bottom third to the side. not that you asked, what are you wearing... but as it's 40 out now and high of 63, I'm wearing my favorite flannel shirt over it layered until I don't need it. but my office gets chilly so it's nice to have at the office. I bit the bullet and finally bought a ticket for NYC last night!!! after trying to change my trip to a wed-sat date to save money and get the ticket price down, I had conferred with buddy S and he reminded me his house warming party was that Saturday night. oops, J and I are sort of throwing the party so my planned dates weren't going to work at all. I decided instead to do a Tues-Fri trip and then I'll be back home to okc for the weekend, and also my trips to NYC aren't always about being there on the weekend anyway, plus I feel like during the week you get more of a day to day feel, if that's possible. ha I woke up this morning with regrets a little bite, thinking ugh that's $436 for the ticket and another $345 for 3 nights hotel ( I like to stay at the Jane hotel, cheaper price and nicer rooms even though it's a bit of a walk from the sub stop, but not too bad for a taxi from SOHO to there..) So anyway, I was thinking dang I'm already throwing $700 bucks at the trip that could go to many other different things, sigh. But then I got excited and remember the whole reason for THIS trip was to see Bullets on Broadway, a new musical based on the Woody Allen film, heck how can I resist when two worlds collide like that? also I like to do a little spring shopping in May and see whats new in the stores and on the street. ALSO if I don't plan something, I'll end up doing nothing. and suddenly my 2 weeks off in May would be over and I'd be back teaching classes in June..and thus. I'm beginning to plan my trip! taking on all and any suggestions. This trip I'm hoping to actually get over to Brooklyn and check out the artsy parts and stores in that area, williamsburg maybe? otherwise I'll do my usual haunts, definitely Central Park again, Rockefeller Center, Soho. I want to find and walk by the Four Seasons Hotel in memory of Rugbysex, he used to write me about lunches there. Maybe I'll research a few more Woody Allen films and try to find some spots from the ones in New York, Broadway Danny Rose comes to mind. ha dying to get out and see the Budapest Grand Hotel this weekend!!!! can't WAIT!!!! I won't be going tonight because S's bf is in town and we have dinner plans with J somewhere tonight, so probably tomorrow night . hope you guys are geared up and get some nice weather to enjoy outside somewhere.

2 comments:

Mike said...

My partner's friend lives blocks from The Jane, so he stayed there recently. He really enjoyed it.

I'm jealous you are going - as I know you're often jealous of my adventures.

Now, I was just thinking, I'm quite a foodie, and yes, though that word is overused, I love it. Where do you typically eat on your haunts? Do you have your go to places, try new places? What is the food plan? I've got some good places in the Jane Hotel area that are must eats at reasonable prices.

Outfit sounds fun.

Mike said...

$258 on Frontier from OKC-SNA last week of May.