Thursday, April 24, 2014

weekend ahead....

well I finally bought a ticket to see Bullets on Broadway in NYC during my vacation. Wed the 21st of May at 8pm. I'm looking forward to the show, having read some reviews and a history of the director and choreographer Susan Stroman in a New Yorker article.  I look forward to see how the movie translates on to the stage, and hearing all the 20's music and of course seeing Zak Braff perform live.
I'm up for any suggestions while in NYC this spring, May 20 I get there Tuesday afternoon and leave the 23rd that morning. Right now I'm just saving some cash aside for the bit of shopping I'll of course have to do while there, pretty much my form of entertainment other than walking around seeing sites and the show.  Haven't found or heard of any experimental puppet shows but wish I could see something live like this or this someday.


I also considered seeing Neil P Harris in Hedwig and the angry inch in NYC, but it just opened and they are completely sold out the week I'm in town.
Anyway, lots of time to plan and find things to do there no doubt.  this weekend should be pretty nice, I plan to meet up with J and S tomorrow for dinner at Big Truck Taco, this amazingly awesome and popular place over on 23rd street near the broadway extension . It's always packed but we're hoping with the arts festival going on downtown this weekend that it will be a bit slower,  I think our plan is to go to place in the Paseo District otherwise. and then it's unclear if they'll want to go check out the art festival or not.  It's our last year to enjoy the festival downtown around and on the grounds of Stage Center. It's going to be torn down to build a highrise building I guess.  A group was going to fight it being torn down but too many city people were for getting rid of it. It;s a sort of funky looking building built as a performing arts center with all these weird tubes and pipe looking walkways between structures. hard to explain but over the many years a part of downtown. the Art's festival is always on the grounds of that and the Myriad gardens and the street blocked off between them. good ole okc.


 I haven't had much to say lately to blog about. I had a great time last weekend over at buddy S's with his bf in town, J and a friend Robert and I were over with them Saturday night having spaghetti squash for dinner and then sat around for a few hours drinking some wine out on the back patio near the pool. S and his bf have lots of ideas for the place as S gets settled in and the bf plans to move down within a year or so.  I've been busy grading papers otherwise and keeping up with school and getting every lined up for the last 3 weeks coming up. woo hoo. one more school year down and a great summer ahead. I'm going to have a different sort of summer this year, planning to teach 2 classes instead of one. and I'll be working a few days as an advisor.  I hope that will give me some extra $$ to travel with. So far I'm thinking Portland OR or Green Bay WI sometime in JULY.
hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend. 

No comments: