Friday, November 29, 2013

great weekend with company...

what an exciting Thanksgiving weekend!  Although it was strange to have two worlds collide and come together with my best bud H from Austin in town with his bf at the same time my ex gf T from college was staying with me, the four of us had a great time, I got to know H's bf and H got to chat away and get to know T. T arrived late afternoon Wednesday and I'd been off all day getting the house cleaned up all the last minute things like the back laundy room picked up and vaccummed and the house vaccumed and the bathroom for real cleaned up for company. also went to the whole foods store and got some flowers to put in vases in each of the bedrooms. After T arrived we talked for quite a while and then she gabbed with me while I was putting all my clothes on my bed away in my room where H and his friend stayed, and then in the other room she handed me things to put up in the attic in that room. I've been sleeping on the hideabed couch in the front room all weekend. it is a very old iron frame and mattress from YEARS ago. I slept on this same hideabed when I was a little kid with my brother at my grandparents cabin at Cedar lake , that long. anyway, I've found just the right sort of diagonal position to  sleep on it sort of on my side that doesn't completely kill my back. ha
So Friday night T and I stayed up late talking after dinner and then making some chocolate cookies with rolo candies in the middle for me to take to the family thanksgiving.  One of my sisters and 2 nieces had asked to please bring them again.:)  We turned in around 11:30 and H and Marcus got here really late about 1:30 am I think.  we all had breakfast and then T and I left to my folks' place, 37 this year of my parent's clan including my mom's sister and then ALL the siblings, nieces and nephews and their spouses and some with kids. H went to his family's place in okc nd we all met back around 8pm to chill and relax.zzzz
Today we got up and had breakfast and chilled a while, went to lunch at my fave local place and then shopped a little bit in town, then home and T and I went out and got dinner while H went to his parents' home for dinner.. we met back here at 8. T and I were making 2 batches of French Macarons, and once that was done, we all played Hearts for a while. then finally to bed. ... they are all going back tomorrow around lunch time and then I'll get the house back to myself and wow it will be so cleaned up all over. ha I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. of course I remain so thankful for my job! and my family ! and friend far and wide. cheers.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!

NY again for NYE!!!

mark s said...

I am so glad that you have decided to continue to post blogs about your life. You really do have interesting times with family and friends. You also have such amazing attitude towards life. I enjoy reading about your life's adventures. I understand your reluctance to come out to your family. The only advice that I can give is to usually is the family accepts you,they will not car about your orientation. But I respect your choices. Only you can decide when it is the right time. Until then..keep us posted on your interesting times!

Anonymous said...

It would be my opinion your family already knows or they have guessed about your "orientation". What you have to decide if you want to tell them outright. Your family my know, but they may not want you to tell them they are right, you know them best. This "advice" is from someone who is 68 years young and has been through this many times. Glad to see you post again.