Thursday, September 19, 2013

week goes on.........

another week blazes by, won't be too long before the beard comes back! i've already got it all planned out. when we have fall break mid october, I'll stop shaving a few days before and then get back a week later and have the beard started. ha good ole fall/winter seasons come again. just imagine the layers and combinations of things to wear to the new job.
anyway, I'm getting through the week well enough. the students remain responsive in class. I guess I actually sort of miss the high school age kid a little bit, I get a kick out of talking the 5 or 6 in my afternoon class. but what's fun is they are SO high school yet all responsive and motivated to do well. obviously since they are con currently enrolled.  Another thing I love about my classes is the mix of rural kids and such.  I'll be finishing up grading about 42 essays this weekend and then after a couple of weeks the next round will come in. new job is completely worth it.
I had some trouble trying to renew my subscription to MONOCLE magazine today.I tried last night and then again today while at work...wasn't working so I called my band,  Something about the transaction coming from the UK and that Visa blocks them...? according to my bank. So when I got home from work I tried again by calling the Monocle store in NYC.. which is what I've done the last 2 times I renewed my subscription.  Weird thing is my credit card didn't work again, and then neither would my debit card...
I called my bank here in OKC, they assured me both cards were fine and that the only showing was the UK online transactions coming in.. I dunno...
I called the girl in NYC back and explained, anyway I'm waiting to see if they respond from London to my emal tomorrow. I offered to mail in a check or ?"  week going well and ready f9r the weekend!

No comments: