Wednesday, August 14, 2013

time traveling......

anyone seen "the Time Traveler's Wife"? I watched it last weekend Sunday afternoon and just about bawled off and on the whole movie. it was sort of sad the way the guy had no control over his time travel and then the death and life experiences he had to deal with going backward and forward.... really got to me, also of course the part about having children. I know you'll say the book is way better and that way more happens in the book etc etc.. but I've only seen the film. I was thinking about it for a few days, why didn't he go back to see this person? or why not forward to this person? and such questions, which the more I thought about it, there were things/people that he wouldn't know TO VISIT until they happened in the present, if that makes sense. anyway really moving film and of course the main reason I wanted to see it was for Eric Bana but the movie pulled me in regardless. I have a lot to do yet this week at work, a new computer online assignment option was given to us yesterday with our new textbook, so I want to work that in, have the students go online once a week and do a grammar lesson. I'm also setting up everything on the online calendar with class assignments that students can see when they log into the school system. Are you bored yet? I'm feeling in a funk at the gym this week. after the time off it's been hard to get back into my groove, I'm still swimming as much as possible for cardio and doing my work outs but only 3 sets instead of 4. Hopefully I'll kick it back to my usual, what keeps me motivated is the trip to Austin. actually my Austin bud is going to be in the city this weekend so we get to hang out some Saturday if he calls me. have a good week! back to my breakfast and gathering things to take up to campus with me this morning.

1 comment:

Rex said...

I had heard it was a good movie, but have not seen it. I will have to look for it. I always enjoy your updates, Dan O...