Tuesday, July 09, 2013

July July.....

well can anyone guess what I had for lunch driving home Sunday....? the usual stop?...... well I left town later than I thought I would and headed back through tulsa right about lunch time and detoured over to Whole Foods on Peoria. I figured I might was well stop and buy some groceries since I needed to before going home anyway. ha I ate at the buffet there, peices of herb chicken and pulled pork and a bit of macaroni and cheese and bit of rice and that was LUNCH. plus a salad. yum! continued on home and then after getting unpacked and settled back in I left to go swim laps at the gym before it closed at 4pm.
 Monday went swimmingly well. swam laps in the morning and then taught my class, this ex marine fella in my class came by with his 3 boys. the babysitter called in sick so he was turning in his rough draft for peer review and said he'd come get it later etc etc his 3 boys all just stood there so well behaved the whole time, they were like 5, 4 and 2 I think. he had the first two with an ex wife and got full custody of them when returning from service so must be some story there somewhere. oh yeah and he was a dad at 16. wow. so yeah I held back all jealous feelings of his fatherhood and just happily helped him with all the assignments he'd need to keep caught up. kids sure were cute though. we're doing cause and effect essays and I told him I bet a good cause and effect story is in there somewhere about going to the marines and his before and after. only from what he's mentioned before in his goals letter assingment.
well I got home from class just in time to swim a few laps again before lunch.  rest of the day flew by doing yardwork and such and then gym time for chest workout.
Today I swam laps this morning before breakfast, did some yardwork this morning and cleaned up a bit around the house and went out for pizza for lunch with my Outside, Dwell, and Timeout NYC magazines. :)  piddled around doing not much of nothing this afternoon, some outside but mainly chilling inside watching random mindless youtube videos. I did watch a few episodes of Renovation Raiders that I bought on Youtube.  back up to the gym to swim laps then home for dinner by 7.
I had two of my friends who were former teacher buddies at the school I taught at in Central America that posted something on FB today. I'll share the link here:  Everyone’s a Biblical Literalist Until You Bring Up Gluttony  It's an article about how many sins are in the bible and somehow homosexuality gets the focus. If you're not religious it won't be of any interest to you. I'll say on the one hand it's absolutely true there are as many things to focus on besides homosexuality mentioned that go on today. I liked the point she made about why aren't Christians trying to outlaw divorce which is just as unbiblical as anything else mentioned. ha  alas sigh......I guess I'll start getting ready for class tomorrow when I'll be getting another 21 papers to grade! yuck! ha. hope you're are enjoying July....

No comments: