Friday, July 12, 2013

haflway through July....

stellar summer week going by...been a really great relaxing summer so far. I've been getting swimming in the mornings AND either before lunch or after a work out before dinner and I'm liking my shoulders and back a LOT right now...and my weight is back to 172. woo hoo.... I just checked yesterday because back last fall i was over 170 and hadn't been working out so it was all bad weight. so after eating better and doing workout and cardio and such the weight came down like I wanted and then now I'm trying to get the right weight back on. anyway, i was surprised that I got back up this side of 170..weird how you can eat practically nothing and still get some muscle. seriously since before January I've been steadily eating the same dinner unless out for dinner on a Friday night or traveling. which means every night, steamed broccoli plain unsalted fresh out of the pot, half a tub of cashews, and a banana, and more often than not I follow it all up with a bowl of Trix cereal unless Im' out and then the banana is the "desert". ha
My lunches during school and now during summer are a turkey and cheese sandwich on dark rye, chips, and a banana, water. ... although during the school. year I would keep a pack of rice krispie treats from Walmart and have one after lunch every day. sinful! ha
I continue to have the same large breakfasts that keep me going all day, probably blogged about it before; 3 scrambled eggs minus 2 yolks, bowl of instant oatmeal, which I put golden crisp cereal on top for crunch, and then two bowls of cereal, honey nut cheerios combined with Honey Bunches of Oats. yum EVERY MORNING. I love my big breakfasts, I might also have a banana if I know I'm eating lunch or dinner and not having one, I figure two bananas a day is enough.
So I'm excited about all the swimming and about replacing the bad soft weight with some good hard weight, so to speak. ha  I'm busy all this weekend grading 17 essays I had turned in Wednesday, doing yard work in the mornings and nights after dinner, but during the day too hot and I'm staying in getting the place cleaned up or surfing around the internet etc...  tonight I have dinner date with my vet friend from high school, will be meeting her at the pizza place and catching up.  Saturday more grading papers and such and then over to swim at a friend's house with my bud S and his partner B who'll be in town.  I'm pretty excited about the rain forecast for Sunday or Monday what with the last two summers seeing over 100 all summer long no rain. whew.
while surfing around the net I'm seeing some pretty cool fall stuff out there, but I have clamped shut any flow of money for shopping!! must do so until I get through August and September.  my old job paid me bimonthly on the 15th and end of the month, and the new job pays once at the end of each month. So my last job pay stops the end of July and the new job starts paying the end of September... OUCH. but I already have a plan, the money from this summer class I'm teaching basically is saved to help out in August and then September... boy I'm going to be loving that first check by the time end of Sep gets here. yikes!
oh yeah, also I'll have a few good move jobs with my friend A here and there which will help keep me going, I already have about $500 in the kitchen stashed from our last few moving jobs.
well I hope everyone is ready for another summer weekend, do comment with any questions or remarks! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bad diet. No wonder you can't lose any weight. If you can' afford a nutritionist then go to the library and read either the South Beach or the Atkins Diet. Both Work as does Richard Simmons a his dial a card. Coke, Pepsi and Twinkies put on a lot of weight as does pasta and Pizza...seems like you have what is known as the lazy batchelor diet. Then there is the Oklahoma red neck diet of slim jims and beer.

dan said...

well I never claimed it was perfect, I'm good at 172, 6'1, 32 waist and feeling better all the time. I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight, just get in back in the right places. I'm actually happy to have a few pounds after being a skinny twink all up through college. ha I know a nutritionist could set me up probably with a lot more vegetables and fruit but I'm doing all I can at this point to include what I have. yup lazy batchelor is RIGHT!! I go out to eat all the time though or mom's on weekend....