Tuesday, June 25, 2013

goodbye high school!

well I finally got a call yesterday morning from my boss at the college and she offered me a full time position. woo hoo!   I had to go to class yesterday but as soon as I got out in the afternoon I went by the administration building of my other job and resigned. ahhh yeah!  felt pretty good.
I'll pretty much be making just a little more than I was working two jobs, but it's worth it seeing that I will be teaching college classes from here on out and no more high school kids, hopefully the door of my career will be shut, and onward to higher ed! ha
swam this morning and had a moving job. I decided for the rest of the summer I'm going to save every extra penny I can to help get through August comfortably.  my old pay period ends in July and my new pay period begins in September.. wah wah... thus how it goes switching jobs.  good thing is I'll still have great benefits and my teacher retirement continues to accrue. all good!  the salary is a 9 month salary which I'll probably ask to have paid 12 months over the year. but I can still pick up extra classes in the summer so that will be awesome since school gets out before June enough time to travel if possible, and also doesn't start until later August so I'll have time then also.  I report for new employee training August 7th this summer, so it will be shorter but had I not quit my last job I would've gone back to school on the 28th. blech!
 lots of projects around the house today outside and inside, finally got some stuff done and over with killing time one handedly this morning.  returned all the students' essays yesterday and can breath clear until the next stack comes in next Monday. ha hope you all enjoying summer!

13 comments:

EX Frat Man said...

congrats! ...now about that "killing time one handedly"...

Pookie said...

Congratulations. All the best for the new job

drew said...

Congrats Professor!

thatguy said...

Congrats Dan! So glad that's all coming together for you.

mr. m said...

Congrats! Glad things are working out for you.

Fat Dan said...

Congrats! On to bigger and better things.

rambler0919 said...

Glad you got the college job! You'll do well.

Anonymous said...

daxisto FoxesCongrats!!!! Dan, glad things are finally looking up for you!!

iama[GAY]keeper said...

CONGRATS

rugbysex said...

couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. so when we going shopping for harris tweed?! :)
cheers!

ToddW Oklahoma said...

Yay!
From all of us who have been lurking around your blog for years rooting for you to land somewhere that would promote your (obvious) well rounded talents, congratulations.
Todd in OKC

ToddW Oklahoma said...

Postscript:
I am going to NYC for pride. Could you blog about where you like to shop there?

olderbutnosmarter said...

From another lurker, I couldn't be happier for you