Sunday, April 21, 2013

leg up....

I forgot to post about what happened at the gym Friday. I went to work out downtown because it's on the way home from school and they have better leg machines. well anyway, I always warm up a bit on the treadmill. After finishing up I was walking away from the cardio machines and making my way down a path between the cardio machines and the weight machines that sort of outline the wall around everything, anyway, just past one machine was the break in the wall to the hallway where you can stretch on mats etc.. Well, I turned a bit short and completely didn't see some bar thing jutting out from the machine there before my turn, and BAM I hit my left shin bone right into it! ughhhh. you know when ever you make some noise or something to draw attention to yourself at the gym, you have to suddenly play it off as if nothing is going on or happening here... ha ha. so of course there are other people on the cardio machine and it was pretty loud crash. so with my right foot already in step, I bring up my left leg over whatever it was it hit into and sort of place it down continuing my pace as normally as possible although my foot goes down with a sort of wobble.. ha ha, and inside I'm thinking OUCHHHHH that hurt!  ha ha, but I bravely continue without breaking my rythm with right leg forward, left, right, etc etc walk it out walk it out, continue on as if nothing ever happened... ha ha. the whole time I'm thinking PAIN AGONY...continuing directly over to the water fountain for a drink and then into the hallway to grab a mat etc etc.. .finally I am sitting on the mat about to stretch and I look at the front bottom part of my left leg.. yup banged up the shin with a nice two inches of skin scraped off in a nice little live down from where I banged it into the bar.... dan, come on wake up man and watch where you're going!!! ha ha. anyway, i was cracking up on the phone telling my ex gf about how cool I tried to just play it off. come on guys, you'd do the same right? 
I put neosporin on it the last 2 nights before bed to keep it healing up clean, and the bone was maybe bruised a bit, but it was back to normal color and shape last night. sigh..... :)

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

sorry you hurt your leg and glad it's feeling better BUT i would have played it differently...especially if it might have gotten someone to "assist" me. lol.
cheers!