Saturday, March 30, 2013

yawn...

nice lazy afternoon...what a busy weekend.
Yesterday at school, we had an egg hunt with the kids. It's somehting we do with the second year/low level students to build background in understanding and relate to American culture.  We give them all a paper lunch bag which they convert into a basket of sorts and decorate.  I went outside and hid about 120 eggs in an area between the school building and the parking lot out back.  It's fun to see the grown high school age kids all running around trying to get the most eggs/candy.  We finished up with a bit of time left over in class so I just stuck in the movie "Avengers".  After that class was my lunch break, and I left school to drive over to the college I teach at to give my supervisor a addressed stamped envelope to use to mail a reference letter for that job in AR.  I also spoke with the head of the English dept about how I'd applied at the college but was also applying in AR just to be aggressive in getting out of high school teaching this year.  We also spoke about some common core stuff, and I talked to her about what I'd used in my class last week and she said she'd like a copy of what I'd used.
drove back to the high school, taught the last 2 hours and then HOME!
no time for gym yesterday, my leg day! alas, I stayed home and chilled unitl leaving to go out.  I went to the movies last night with buddy S. We saw "Oz" with james Franco as the wizard in a story that explains what could have happened before the movie we're all familiar with. I drove home thinking, well do I prefer the way they told it or the way it'sexplained in Wicked. If you haven't read that book, it's a very well written, creating a whole different world and story regarding the beginnings of Glenda the good witch and "Elphaba" the wicked witch.  Has anyone seen tha tmoive? what'd you think, I like the China Doll character but I thought it was hokey that they gave her a scene where she pulls out a knife, I also thought the "river fairies" or whatever they were seemed a bit over imagined for the tale.  but overall the movie defintiely keeps moving and keeps your attention and keeps you guessing. was a great ride I'd say overall.
Anyway, got home late and to bed late, then up early this morning for a teacher training session I signed up for which takes place just about every other Saturday this spring. ha...The guy that got the facilitator job instead of me is also going to all these meetings, and I have to keep myself from being unfriendly or sitting there thinking how he's making more money than I am and less experienced/qualified! ha ha, so I just think to myself at these times, God has a plan and something better for me!
got home from that in time for a nice pizza lunch and then worked out in the yard most of the afternoon. I had some plants I ordered online arrive and waiting on the porch when I got home. great sunny day today here in OKC. I searched online via USAJOB.com on how to apply for the language school in San Antonio. That's my option number 3 for changing jobs this summer. The school in San Antonio at Lackland Air Force base is the same one I trained at before going overseas, and I taught with a guy who's in admin there I can use at a reference. It just depends on if they have any opening, but I want to put my name out there as much as possible with this job search and see what gets a bite.  I'm rpetty sure I have a good chance still at the college here in okc though....but enough of all that. tonight I plan to relax and get stuff done inside the house,maybe look up some movies online, like The Wiz, or Ironman one or two which I haven't yet seen.... and make sure my clothes are all clean and ironed for church tomorrow. Since it's Easter Sunday I'll be going to church with my family and then lunch afterwards at my parents' house. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend. :)

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

so happy ur being aggressive with your job search. good things are bound to happen!! i keep you in my prayers and keep lighting those candles!
cheers!