Monday, February 25, 2013

sobre por favor....

anyone watch the oscars? I thought it was one of the most entertaining in a long time. I'm not saying it was the best ever, but still very entertaining. I'm no mcfarland fan and was surprised he was even doing it, but hopefully never again. I hope they can get Fey and pohler next year or at least some other witty comedian or Hugh Jackman or patrick-harris. ha
I enjoyed all the glamour and show. kristen Chenoweth adds energy to anything, and I loved seeing her interact with everyone. I think my favorite bit was Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger, I was smiling ear to ear when it finished and everyone gave a standing ovation. You could really tell everyone there was enjoying getting the best of the best entertainment. Adele! does no wrong. and the musical numbers were good more or less. ;). I felt bad for norah Jones because she wasn't really belting it and plus having to share a stage the same night as legends! Streisand performing etc.. The Dreamgirls song was performed powerfully but you ain't gonna here anything ever as good as Jennifer Holiday singing at the TOny awards. whoah! I think my second most favorite bit was the dance number with Tatum and Theron. Not that I'm a huge channing fan or anything, but it was fun to see them execute a little dance number.
 So basically a bunch of hokieness with the mcfarland bits and star trek bit (although I love anything star trek, I'll admit). and then the Goldfinger number just really classed it up beyond the pail, I mean here it was this signature bond song from the old glamour hollywood days (seemingly to me anyway) and the way everyone just seemed to eat up the moment. I enjoyed all the orchestration of music with songs from film. I've read some reviews that it was too much staging of songs like a Tony's show, but I think it hit the mark more or less. Most speeches seemed very heartfelt and not too self important sounding. let me know what you thought whether agree or no.
 I remember a few years ago when they did a sort of theme in that great actors or actresses that were maybe past winners introduced the nominees, that was different and cool. last year's oscars will probably remain the worst of the worst what with Franco bombing everything. I think David Letterman also was unsuccessful the year he hosted. I guess it can't always be Billy Crystal or Steve Martin. that reminds me Ellen would be cool to see again do the Oscars. I actually fell asleep before it was over last night. I was looking forward to seeing Chenoweth sing at the end but no going...I woke up with my laptop to the side of me in bed and news on the tv. ugh. turned it off and went to sleep, waking this morning thinking, wait, i didn't see chenoweth sing or who one the major awards!!! ha but I can google all those things. blah I do hope to see a clip of her singing and I guess of the girl I heard that fell.
 No gym today, dang it all, I drove over there and empty parking lot and closed down for the weather. what!?!?  some drizzle and snow on the way but only 34 and plenty of time for workout and getting home. ha ha. I know they have to be safe for what's predicted, supposedly a ton of snow is on the way and possibly no school tomorrow.  I brought my work computer home with me just in case.
I got some good cardio when I got back from the gym shoveling some of the leaves and gunk from the sort of gutter between the curb and the street my house is on. I like to keep it draining without stopping up making puddles in the street. that was a good warm up and then I came inside for the night! next dinner and maybe going to make some chocolate chip cookies tonight or tomorrow if I have to stay home.  stay warm and keep safe everybody!

6 comments:

Mike said...

Seth did a better job than any other host I've seen... Billy and Steve are just too old...

rugbysex said...

what? no comments about who won or lost? lol. i loved all the music in the show but someone tell that wonderful orchestra to TURN DOWN the VOLUME. they competed w/ the singers and didn't accompany them. boo! bitch, bitch, bitch. ha!
cheers!

j.lee said...

That's what happens when you have the sound from the orchestra piped in from Columbia records, rather than having them at the venue. The producers did a terrible job, but I liked most of the actors speeches. Sincere and not too self important (aside from Anne Hathaway). Did you see Jennifer Lawrence's press room speech? Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Its Capitol records in their iconic bldg. on Vine st. I'm old enough to remember Bob hope the ultimate MC. The red carpet is usually better than the actual show. And yes I agree split Hugh Jackman and NP Harris as co-hosts or Billy Crystal and Joan Rivers.
Dan, I hope you are watching Parades End on HBO

Anonymous said...

Its Capitol records in their iconic bldg. on Vine st. I'm old enough to remember Bob hope the ultimate MC. The red carpet is usually better than the actual show. And yes I agree split Hugh Jackman and NP Harris as co-hosts or Billy Crystal and Joan Rivers.
Dan, I hope you are watching Parades End on HBO

thatguy said...

Shirley Bassey brought down the house! I was so impressed!