Saturday, February 09, 2013

Coffee Table....


This is the book "Now You're Logging"  by Bus Griffiths published in 1978 by Harbour Publishing in B.C. Canada.  I bought this copy online about a year ago.  If you read the blog, you know I like graphic novels, and I searched this one out on a whim for something unusual.  It's pretty interesting from the standpoint of being part of a team of loggers. The book goes into a lot of detail about the terms and rigging involved in the job, and over all I appreciate the attention to detail and the outdoors scenes etc.  I thought I'd start putting up  a post now and then of the different coffee table books I set out from time to time.  The rug on the floor is one I brought back from overseas. A student had a workshop where they made this rug based on a photo I had taken of a tile floor in Austin, Texas....

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

and of course it's no accident that the wooden box on the table echoes the rug pattern. it's all in the details, isn't it?
cheers!