Tuesday, January 01, 2013

ARkansas

Hello from ARkansas!  I'm just lying in my usual spot when going to bed here, the bottom bunk bed in my friends' kid's bedroom.  He's a 9th grade kid in the bunk above me already asleep. ha  So it sort of reminds me of being a kid when my older brother and I shared a room and I had the bottom bunk there too.
anyway, I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve last night!  I had a great one.  I forgot to mention that I went over to the new outlet mall in okc yesterday afternoon to check out any NYE sales.  I found some great stuff. At J Crew I bought some khaki's , 1 grey pair, 1 a sort of mocha color, for $15 a pair! I wash and wear khaki's to teach in like nothing else and you hardly find 32/34's on sale.  Also got a great great blue striped shirt for 30% off at Lucky Brand outlet, and then I found a REALLY really comfortable pair of jeans slim style at Kenneth Cole for 50% off. cha ching. a great time and fun people watching of course. ;)

This morning I was busy getting all my Christmas stuff put away and then hit the road at some point after lunch to drive up here to Ar,. While driving I was trying to get pumped and motivated aobut going back to work Friday. ha. I was coming up with a plan/philosophy to keep me going teaching and caring about what I'm doing etc etc the same ole.  I was also thinking about how someone needs to write more native American ghost stories.  I think that would be an awesome storyline for a move or book about some ancient holy burial ground . or someone done wrong and murdered and buried way back in the past of the USA pre settlers, and somehow now in the present the ground is disturbed and a soul release, or curse or something as such.  Writing such would take a lot of research to get it right though I suppose.  But it would be something different and maybe interesting if done right.

I was also trying to think of a computer ap for ipods/iphones that could be used at parties. some sort of game so that everyone gets into groups and then uses an ipad or iphone to connect to the others teams and some sort of interactive game is played.  I got to come with an idea for that! ha
BTW... in case you were wondering,  this is the first year since 1987 that doesn't have a repeating digit in it. think about it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton.sometimes included in the short stories. other novels-The Age of Innocence, House of Mirth, Old New York, and the Children. You are probably familiar w Ethan Frome and Summer. Also Shirley Jackson-the Haunting of Hill House.