Friday, December 21, 2012

the K-WAY way....


 One of my favorite finds in NYC last weekend was this new store in SOHO, K-way. I walked in and saw the choice of colors for this water proof windbreaker/rainjacket, combined with the classic signature stripe detail and wanted one. :) I had made up my mind even BEFORE the wonderful salesman told me the complete history of the brand and product. ha  I admitted that I'd heard about the store in a TIMEOUT magazine article. He mentioned a few famous people who'd been photographed wearing one, Ryan Reynolds was the only one I recognized though. ha ha..  The guy was actually pretty cool and we got into a conversation about Austin City Limits music festival. He was there last year same as me, and then went this year, which I'd missed. Apparently he lives with Bob Marley's son and goes to a lot of music festivals. go figure...
 In fact I bought two, one for a gift for my bud in Austin who rides his scooter everywhere. I went back the next day and bought another for my host in NYC too because he bikes up and down to his job on 5th avenue and 52nd (weather permitting), and I figured how useful! Not only is this a cool unique jacket to own anywhere, even in NYC I like to think my buddy J will be biking back and forth next spring in something hip even for NYC. ha - You can find this place in Soho on West Broadway between Prince and Spring St (Not to be confused with Broadway, there are TWO streets a West Broadway and Broadway...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. going to look them up. Don't forget the George Bellows retrospective at the Met. Have you seen the windows at Barney's on Bergdorfs yet. Happy holiday.

Anonymous said...

I had one of those K-Way jackets back when I was a kid. Didn't know that they were still around.