Saturday, December 15, 2012

new york saturday...

oh man I was up so early at 430, at the airport at 5 and taking off at 6. I went ahead and paid for an internet connection at the airport which was a dumb idea because when I got to dallas, the airport had free wireless anyway...got into NYC by 1240 and got out of the airport and on a bus to manhattan by 10 til 2pm... I like to take the express bus, $23 for a roundtrip ticket there and back. got into grand central and the subway down to Fulton downtown to my bud's apt. dumped all my luggage off, went and got some cereal and milk and some flowers to put on their entry table, and then hit the streets! back out into the city by 330. ha walked down near the trump building, then subway up to village to shop at Monocle store and bookmarc, took lots of pics of santas all over the street for the santa pub crawl today going on. next went up to time's square and shopped my favorites Quiksilvr and Billabong, got an awesome hooded lightweight stretchy fitted shirt, going to hit the quiksilvr in soho before getting anything since they told me that store had WAY more to choose from. Everyone is so nice at the stores near times square. I know it's sales but they really do work it. a few guys asked me where I was from and how long in town etc.. next made it over to rockefeller centerna dshopeed a bit at Uniqlo, walked dowon to Sak's, next a new store called Joe Fresh, pretty cool Canadian brand which is like a more accessible brand of Club Monoco.... walked down to Bryant Park and shoppped a few little shops there, subway to union park for some of my favorite gelato at Amarino! I highly suggest the hazelnut, and the ameretto, so good! finally got back to Fulton by 10 and caught up with my bud, we took his dog for a walk and went to the pier where he showed me all the stores that got flooded over there. The apartment across the street from his is daek and empty. they had their basement and gaslines runied somehow and all tenants had to move out! crashing now in the hallway of their studio apartment like a long L. they are in the opposite corner in their bed with the tv on, but I'l lfall asleep fine, i walked all over the place today. cheers all!

1 comment:

drew said...

Glad you are enjoying yourself.