Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas all...

Well Merry Christmas from my mom and dad's place. I'm sitting right here on the couch in the sunroom they built off of the kitchen many years ago. all windows and toasty warm with the wintery windy snow blowing and gusting all over the place outside. down the middole of the room are a row of two tables set for dinner. bsically some red and silver star decorations I got last year at Ikea and a vase of flowers. white paper rolled out and taped down with red placemats. mom has a small potted fir tree in the corner with lights and all the lamps are on with strings of white Christmas lights hung up all around the room above the windowsills. I'm reclining back on the same couch I grew up on and used to crawl all over when I was just a kid. some family is here and some stayed home because of the weather, my brother who is in KS and one of my 3 sisters who lives way up in the panhandle. The women are all in the kitchen getting dinner stuff ready and the guys are in the tv room waiting for the Thunder Bball game to start. I'll probably go in there and watch the game here after a bit. right now I'm just being lazy and eating some peanut brittle my sis makes so perfectly well just right. And I thought I'd get a post up.
 I've been enjoying the break quite a bit. My Austin buddy flew into town Saturday morning so I had quite a good time picking him up from airport, going out to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg, and then back home to just relax and catch up. he napped a bit before we got ready for lunch with some OKC buds. basically that means his ex bf here in OKC who was his first serious bf relationship while he went to OU. the ex bf is now a lawyer living in some very very nice digs in north OKC. single and asexual like me, a real nice guy. He had two friends with him who went to lunch with us. a guy I've known from around okc for a while - D. , He's actually the nicest smalltown guy in the world that I remember seeing at clubs and thinking, I know we aren't each other's type but he's so good looking I just want to be seen with him, ha ha. Seriously and then as I started to get to know him jsut through little conversations here and there, turns out he's the nicest quiet tupe guy in the world. and big ole boy! big ole shoulders and a buy that knows how to wear boots! whew! anyway, he's pretty much married to his bf who is a guy I went to HS with. they're a great couple. the other guy was someone I dont' think I'd talked much to before but sort of thought I recognized him (Okc is pretty small after all), an interior decorator and furniture store owner. The five of us all loaded up into D's Lexus SUV and went to lunch at Dafe 501 N okc near the classen curve. loved it! had a chickien sandwish that was on pita bread and the chicken was crusted with tortilla chips. YUM! oh man!! I tried very hard not to be awkward and just listen and try to get conversation going, the five of us just sat there at some times, and thankfully my austin buddy would get a comment out now and then, and if the okc guys talked about someone I would ask, so who is so-and-so?... etc and tried to keep conversation going. great lunch and then we went to a cupcake place go figure. the only other thing I'll say is I hated what I was wearing and told austin bud that I hadn't realized that we were going to lunch in N OKC with a group of guys, I thought it was just us and his ex etc.. ha ha, no big deal, but I just felt like farmer Joe from the suburbs ya know? ha ha..
anyway, after lunch we got back to my place and chilled some more, he napped some more while I got stuff around the house picked up and stuff I was working on for holiday gifts etc.. eventually he got up and I had my usual broccoli and cashews for dinner then we drove to a sandwich place for his dinner. We decided to watch Devil wears Prada and I rented it on Itunes, and while we waited for it to load up we shared some of our fave youtube vids and stuff, and I showed some posts on my daninokc facebook account and he kept wanting me to email him stuff to post on his facebook. ha ha. I had the couch pulle dout so we could lay om the hideabed and watch the movie with my projecter hooked up to the computer onto the wall... lots of fun. crashed eventually and took him to his mom and dads here in okc after I got home from church.. yesterday I ran errands in okc and made a bunch of chocolate cupcakes and white cupcakes as requested by my sisters to bring this year for Christmas, that and coke and ice. Had a bit of fun too yesterday as a former buddy was in town, big well endowed thick black guy I used to "know" here in okc...I tell ya what, you can be really really out of practice so to speak doing something and you get the chance after a long long long time and, well it's sort of like riding a bike is all I'll say. slurp! My little Merry Christmas to me. ha tonight we are meeeting up here at my folks' place around 5 or 530 form dinner and gifts and such. hope all are enjoying the holidays! Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dan. I always enjoy your blog. -- Richard

Mike said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Enjoyed reading about your vacation so far and the memories!

Pookie said...

Sounds like the run up to Christmas was fun, especially the unwrapping of your gift to yourself.

Merry Christmas.

rugbysex said...

so happy your holiday seems bulging w/ cheer. lol. ride that bike good buddy! wishing you a new year filled w/ nothing but hope and promise.
cheers!

Nik_TheGreek said...

Merry Christmas!