Sunday, November 18, 2012

what I bring to the table...


I have these things ready to bring to dinner Thursday, I've never been much of a cook, thank goodness my folks always ask me to bring the ice and cokes, and something to set the table with if I want. :) everything here is from outside except the hazelnuts I got at the grocery store. otherwise they are Sycamore bark, sycamore sliced and sanded into sections, seeds from butterfly weed that opened up this weekend, and white amaranth flowers I cut off before digging up the plants that froze up last week...

7 comments:

Pookie said...

Looks like you have a great theme going. Nice work.

drew said...

Dan,
If they didn't know you were gay they will now!! ;-)

dan said...

yeah, I suppose these days everything creative still equals gay, right? I've done many fabulous table settings previous holidays, especially Christmas, I'm sure they don't question much about forever single me at this point...but still doesn't have to be a gay thing.

drew said...

What is wrong with it being a "gay" thing? Your gay but your are also nice, humble, smart and stylish!! I think it is all a plus. I think if you came out to your family (I don't mean a big Thanksgiving announcement) but maybe to a sister you can begin the process. I think being the kind of guy you are everyone will accept you!!

dan said...

They accept me for who I am and love me all the same, whether an official outing needs to occur or not, I'm undecided, I'm sure it's no big mystery, but don't forget I haven't to jump all in the gay bucket myself anyway so why bother coming out to family... etc etc. but thanks Drew, you're very kind to say. dan
I know a lot of non gay creative guys, they just don't do table decorations much perhaps. ha and I know a lot of complete slobs with not one creative bone in their body who are gay. :P

rugbysex said...

what a wonderful aesthetic!
cheers and happy thanksgiving professor!

thatguy said...

You've got a real flair for this stuff, Dan! Wish I had your sense of style and decor!