Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday night

I don't want to sound like a withdrawn loner type person, but something about being alone in the car or at home this time of year can be appealing....as the days are shorter and weather cools and chills .  just driving home from the bank tonight (after stock club meeting) a song came on the radio, classical guitar something or other and that always puts me in a if-my-life-had-a-soundtrack mode.  Especially anything music with strings. something about the plucking of strings seems especially wintery sounding. perhaps it invokes that clinking sound of things freezing or icing over. the dark outdoors definitely helps give a sense of coziness being inside where it's nice and warm. I have a Everything but the Girl album that I have to listen to certain days at home in the winter or in the car on a late cold night. electronic synth sounds always seem to fit to a cold black night lit up  with big city lights while driving through a metropolis. I always think of Japan for some reason.

anyway, we decided to buy more Pitney Bowes stock tonight based on the high dividend. we also discussed what's happening with Sandridge, which I am personally wanting to go above $7 before my NYC trip so  I can sell a bit without losing $$ on it. ha  basically they want to put more drills on land in the Mississipian fields and cut out of the Permean fields...and one major investor asked the head of SD to quit etc etc..
we also discussed how George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney to save money on capital taxes going up next year.  And the ideas of value-added tax and consumptive tax blah blah.  PLEASE CAN I JUST MAIL IN MY CHECK AND NOT attend these meetings???  It's actually just two retired/almost retired married couples and then me and the bank guy expert in the meeting. so no big deal. I try to sit there and understand and learn things. not like I have any personal money to invest at the moment but always good to learn. :)
I have two more essays to grade and then I get to hit the sack.  I really need to photograph what I wore to school today, I also wore it to church yesterday . I was practicing the outfit to pack and wear in NYC. I really like it and will probably wear again Friday to this get together downtown for some married highschool friends who will be in town from SC. a bunch of us are getting together to see them. The outfit is a pair of olive/black shoes, grey jeans, quicksilver sweater and the plaid shirt/jacket mentioned below. with my grey beanie cap it all just seemed to fit right! ha okay I'll shut up... long day tomorrow and I didn't make it to swim this morning, something about waking up to less than 32 degrees outside keeps me in bed and NOT going out to a cold pickup to drive to the pool to swim. will probably miss it this week. maybe again next week...

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

i used to do almost all my daydreaming, alone in the car, listening to music and dreaming of some other place, some other time. it's not same when ur not alone. gosh, i wanna drive SO BAD! boohoo!
cheers!