Saturday, November 17, 2012

memento mori


All these things are on the Ralph Lauren Rugby website, which from what I understand their stores are all closing soon. No huge markdowns on the site but they do have free shipping this weekend. I can't quite afford the whole lot since I'm saving up for NYC trip, but while I'm in NYC i will definitely search out a store if there is one still open and buy the wallet. (have I ever mentioned I have the same ole black leather wallet received as a gift in college from an ex gf? it's all fallen apart with a bit of ducktape on one corner and I can't part with it! errrghh, yes I'm a bit of a sentimental sort..) I did get the two caps though.
so why do I love things with skull and crossbones? has nothing to do with pirates, or goth, or rugby (not sure what the connection is to rugby but anyway..)I guess it's because my senior class in highschool had the skull and crossbones as an emblem for our graduating class (and i'll admit we had the words "bad to the bone" in our class motto...ughhh. ha). I also really like the skull and crossbones because of something I learned as an English major in college, about the humanistic idea of "remember death", and the inclusion of a skull in paintings of the time... , that life is short and we'll all die etc etc... this doesn't seem at all morbid to me, yet only a reminder that we don't take time for granted, enjoy each day, to make the most of our life on earth, and for me personally to remember God has me here for a purpose, that man is not in control on earth with any power over death, but God is in control over all and gives eternal life. etc etc :) good morning!

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

Ad mortem festinamus peccare desistamus.

Prosit!