Sunday, November 04, 2012

long saturday, lazyish sunday

about to leave and pick up a sandwich for lunch. back to Home depot for white silicone, and pine bark mulch. yesterday was a busy one! I worked on the trim most of the morning, I yanked it out of the wall and primed and painted it, then taped off some other trim and primed and painted that etc etc. put silicone caulking all around the tub and tile. only one strip left the corner of the wall where the shower head is. it's at a sort of weird angle to the corner what with the tub and wall and plastering a tore out and what I left etc, anyway, i'm figuring a way out to fill in with trim and then I'll just caulk over all the empty places etc...ugh can't wait to get it finish. i also did some yard work yesterday morning diggin up bermuda grass, and then by 12 I had to stop and get ready for a wedding reception. I met my friend S and his bf from AR there, friends of ours Dave and Geoff got married a few weeks ago in NYC. they had a reception at Iron Star Grill in okc at 1pm. was there for about 3 hours and we got to sit with them both and hear all about NYC. lots of fun, when I left I stopped by a store in that part of town where my 2nd grade teacher works and gave her a big hug. :) finally made it home in time to do lots more yard work digging up roots and an old border, and then before installing a new border I cut my old vinyl shower surround in 12 inch strips and used that as well to really block the bermuda grass. by 6 I had to clean up and rush to the grocery store, my friend A and her wife had an appetizer potluck last night at 7. I brought little tuna melts on rye, and I bought the pilsbury cinnamon rolls that you throw in a pan, but I unwound half of them and rerolled them so I had twice as many little rolls...made it over there by 715ish and everyone was arriving and getting food set out. the usual crowd, friends of the couple.2 single lesbians, a single much older gay guy, 2 gay couples, and a lesbian couple. fun time although I spoke mainly to A and the wife and the single lesbians, one of which I knew growing up (she went to same high school as me and A). man I ate so much food! this morning I painted the walls of the bathroom (FINALLY decided on Sharkey Grey! ha) and now I'm working on final trim as mentioned above. I also got all the bath/shower fixtures installed this morning. however the bath tub spout is sticking out pretty far from the wall so I'll have to figure out something or get the plumber back over to finish up that part. all else is good./

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

can't wait to see what "sharkey gray" looks like but i love gray and white so...oorah!
cheers!