Thursday, October 04, 2012

cooling off

great week so far.  kids are learning English and mostly listening and doing what they're told. ha
I went to the gym yesterday after work for a back/shoulder day.  had a pretty good workout going, only 1 or 2 other guys on the floor at the time. This one younger skinny guy was going at it and looked sort of redneck-y. he had on what looked like camo shorts but up close they were more like swim trunks with a swirly yellow and black graphic on them. He wore an oversized tshirt with the sleeves cut off that said 1997 tractor pull or something as such.  had a shaved burred head on the sides with a sort of short hair mohawk on top.  was actually a half decent good looking guy otherwise.
What's funny with guys on the gym floor, like when you're both trying to work out and get in the zone and trying hard not to notice the other guys, or if some guy is working out like nothing else and so you try even harder to ignore him like you don't even notice the guy.  ha . maybe I think too much, but sometimes if I feel like some guy is grunting a little too heavily or throwing the weights around a bit too much to show off a bit, I try all the harder to act like they're not even in the room. ha ha I know I'm crazy.  what's funny is when you are glancing that direction and eyes meet and then comes the pretending like you were just randomly looking that direction not at the guy. ha
so anyway, I was doing back, shoulders, back, shoulders, and then back, and was finishing a 3rd set and thinking 3 was enough why bother with a 4th when my little gym crush showed up, quite a bit later than usual.  anyway he was talking to another guy who walked in about the same time, and we said hello. btw he called me Mark for the second time. so I'll have to clear up that my name isn't Mark although i've answered the greeting twice now to Mark. ?  we discussed how he was later than usual and how it was going to get a lot colder tomorrow for the weekend. then I went ahead and did another set and then some more shoulder and back stuff.
You guys need to understand I'm not muscle guy, I'm 6'1 and 165 and just trying to keep in shape and hard and firm and all that. So although i do take it seriously, it's not like I'm trying to get huge just the right form and shape going on.....
TOmorrow is my school's homecoming so there are no classes after 3rd lunch tomorrow, there will be a parade in the street out front of the school and then all the students are corralled ino the gym for a pep assembly. always interesting. sure.  I'm shopping some Medium brand footwear shoes online this week and trying to hold back buying anything, I'll make a post later.  Still haven't sold the ACL tickets yet but got 3 replies to my add yesterday in Austin and sent them all back my buddies cell number.
must get changed to get up to the gym now. this is a workout day in between the bigger workout days, so sometimes I flake out and just do cardio but my goal is to have arm day today before legs tomorrow etc.  cheers

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

i think ur "pal" would properly be called gymspiration. ha! ain't it nice to crush and muscle up all at the same time? most fun u can have w/ ur clothes on. lol
cheers!
p.s. there ain't anything wrong w/ muscles professor so keep pumping iron my friend. :)