Monday, October 08, 2012

American life...

did anyone else here this last weekend's broadcast of This American Life? man, it was one of the best in a long time. Of course I was in my pickup cab on a long drive, so I definitely was in the listening zone. But i got to tell ya, I was amazed, moved to laugh and cry at the same time by the first part of the show, and the rest definitely kept me hanging onto every word. Basically there was an excellent excerpt from a comedienne's show where she found out just 2 days before that she had cancer, so the whole show is sort of experimental as she tries out the new material, a sort of onstage self help therapy. it was astounding. I bought the longer version online but have yet to hear the entire 30 minute show.. next was a story about a girl who was bitten by a shark and survived, and the last part was about this woman who had an OCD problem and was instiutionalized from 23 to like 28 or so until she was sort of cured of it; she swallowed things, pencils, spoons, knives, pens, pencils, straws, etc many things. She would focus in on something and not rest until she could swallow it or she felt that she or her mother might day until she did. whoah.... so interesting. let me know if you heard it and your thoughts, or go find a podcast online and check it out and get back to me! yeah! I survived the weeekend and got back to OKC yesterday just in time for pizza for lunch at my favorite place. I wasn't there in time to get a lunch special so I got a small pizza, I'll eat the second half of it tonight for dinner. :) also guess what i found out last night?!? My buf JM sold the tickets!!! for $540 no less.... I had started to put ads up for $500 so I was surprised. since I was going to let him keep $20 anyway for the hassle, I told him just to send me $500 and keep the rest....awwww. I also had a message from my austin buddy when I got home on my message machine ( yes I have an answering machine at home since I dont' carry a cell unless travelling) I had emailed him about having no interest in going to L.A. if his other friend was also coming, so he sort of went off on me about not knowing why I felt threatened by said friend, and why just couldn't all go etc etc.. blah blah. I tried calling him immediately but the number didn't work, so now I'm not sure what the deal is with his phone..I did email to say to him, not be silly that I'm not threatened, but yes I wish I could be palling around with him in Austin if I lived there etc... however I am not friends with his friend and don't wish to fly out to LA to hang iwth them and how 3 is just not a good number when 2 of us are only friends with him etc etc . sorry this is boring. ha There are no trips planned for fall break coming up next week. boo hoo. but I'm going to spend the same amount of money I would have for travel on redoing my bathroom. I'm going to study up all week and go to the home depot class where they tell you how to put up tile. and then possibly all break I'll tile my shower wall above the bathtub and also buy a pedestal sink, and then have my dad help me install the new toilet my parents got me for my birthday last summer. ha! cheers all hope your Monday was a good one, I'm off to the gym just now and hoping what's his name is THAR!

No comments: