Friday, September 07, 2012

weekender..

I'm ready. Are you? nothing planned much this weekend and I'm glad for that after being out of town last weekend. We are getting a cold front moving in supposedly this afternoon, so after a high today of 103, supposed to be only high of 83 tomorrow. about time!
I got off early today since we had teacher/parent conferences last night and this morning. out by 11:30. I spoke to a few students' parents. We don't get too many showing up. but we called in at least two mom's for serious conversations. One kid E is really sharp but not chatting a lot and not trying to learn English. and he's really likeable. we told the mom such and how he had a real future if he could get through high school but he must try more to learn English. we also suggested classes for the mom and also for the older sister who came in with the mom. anyway... another mom for A , we laid it out on the table how he didn't try AT ALL in any of his classes and we're ready for him to LEAVE and laid out his 3 options, alternative school, tech school, or computer school, all of which are completely English so good luck. Sad situation is that his dad is left in Mexico with older siblings to care for and the mom is here and not able to do much. I don't see him lasting long in our school.
after I had my usual cheese and turkey on Rye break sandwich, which I always fix in our office. I left school and went over to my friend A's work and brought her a chocolate shake for a nice surprise. She was eating lunch with coworkers and said thanks and I told her how pretty she looked etc etc. ahhh. then I went by my Mexican friend's garage and he was out to lunch so missed him.
returned home and have been doing yard work ever since. :) now off to the gym before dinner and let's get this weekend started!
btw, no the kid at the gym is not coming on to me in anyway. ha surely I'd have enough radar now to keep that in check, and yes my theory is that, like me, as a college kid there is a feeling of talking to all ages suddenly since you're not a kid anymore and it's fun to sort of join the world as an adult like everyone else, in conversation anyway. that's how I see it. not that I'd mind him coming on, I got a lot to offer if he were curious for sure. ha ha. cheers

No comments: