Wednesday, September 05, 2012

sep sep septemmmmmmmber

man I've been busy this week. I guess it just feels that way since no work Monday and then Tuesday just zoomed by, day job and then night school job. I was able to get a work out in after school yesterday at the gym on campus. I even ran into a former student from my the former school I worked at.. the guys at the college gym sort of get on my nerves, about a half of them normal, the other half sort of the work out, drop your weights all over the place, sort of douche bag guys I doubt I'd have much to say to. ha
class went wonderfully well last night. I caught myself reading this poem to the class ( we read 3 of them as assigned reading for week 3) and one thing I'm good at is reading aloud. I know that sounds weird, and I don't have any sort of radio voice. but I've been told I read out loud well. ha ha. okay whatever, well anyway, I also really really love reading a good poem, really getting the phrasing and rhythm of works etc just right. So last night I strummed right through this one poem and I had a raptured audience. I like to think i read in such a way, that they understood everything the author was trying to say. we discussed all of them, discussed the first paper assignment, then did some correcting common errors work.
today went very well, as there were the 2 worst lowest level lowest motivation students absent, actually they were in ISS for being late to first hour. All other classes went well. I finally got a note back from the guy hiring me to work at the district admin. turns out the state is behind in getting title 3 money to the schools so they are working tight of of last years funds, which means I can't be hired until oct/nov but still that is something to look forward to. I'm looking forward to the new position and the raise! ha I also heard from my ex roomie who is getting the language school together where I could work as the professional devpt guy. he said he can't offer me a contract until dec 1st... go figure, I'm planning on not taking the job at this point anyway, but it's all very interesting to have such options. ( btw thanks tons for the encouragement to stay hired on with the state and college the retirement, this new admin job or if I leave to teach at a college will keep me with that!)
My favorite buff kid was at the gym today, man he's got something showing in them flimsy black shorts... he came over and talked to me how he was doing arms today etc and I was doing back and shoulders etc etc.. gym small talk. ha also asked me how my classes were going and what I taught this semester etc ... nice nice nce, keeps me motivated for sure. I ordered a certain long sleeve shirt today online and renewed my Monocle magazine subscription. now I'm just flipping channeles and suring online a bit before bed. hope all are making it a good week. Tomorrow is like my Friday because we're out of school Friday for parents teacher conferences after school tomorrow and then Friday morning done by 1130!! woot woot.

3 comments:

Buddy Bear said...

I wonder if the buff kid with the flimsy black shorts is interested in you.... I think he might be.

Anonymous said...

Many straight guys in their early twenties and younger love to chat, bond, and share hopes and dreams, all while being oblivious to the signals sent to gay guys.

Glad to hear your going to stay in the teacher retirement. I think it is a great idea to work on advancing within "the system." You would need to double your salary in order to leave your current benefit package. But, doubling your salary is less than half the battle, you must save and invest (without major mistakes) that difference until you retire, not an easy task.

rugbysex said...

i'd give anything to hear you read poetry....anything!
cheers!