Thursday, July 05, 2012

summer vacation missive....

Hello from Flipnotics Cafe in Austin Texas. I'm sitting here catching up on all my emails and stuff, the post low is sort of a belated happy 4th since my buddy doesn't currently have internet in his condo, he's just started a great paying new job here in Austin and will be getting caught up on all the things he'd cut back on while doing temp work etc... Am so proud of him, I hope my job goes through well for this fall and then we're both going to back on track and ready to hopefully do some fabulous traveling next year!!:) ha.
hope all had a great 4th. Austin is AWESOME as usual...but first let's catch up from my last post in Dallas....
I went to Northhaven nursery and bought a firebush and candletree tropical plants for here in Austin, and then I bought a blood leaf banana tree to take home back to OKC...great great nursery, but hard to shop when after all I'd be driving all the way to austin and then back to OKC after a week... next went to lunch with Henry and ex of my best bud here in Austin. He and I had a great lunch downtown and he went on and on about how wonderful he was digging this new guy he met two weeks ago and considered him his new bf. after lunch I headed back up hiwy 75 to Northpark mall and walked around and round, sort of checking out what the stores were stocking and looking at everything as if I were reading a magazine. There is a Desigual store in dallas and although everything there has a lot of crazy bright colors and patching and stitching a lettering on everything, I can usually always find something I like. The only thing about that store is how everything is priced so high and a lot of the time I'm thinking well this isn't necesarrily anything better than what you'd find at a dept store, maybe it's 100% cotton but sometimes they are blends, and you don't see anything 10)% wool, usually synthetic blends etc... but I guess what with all the "details" of stitching and patching letters and designs on everything, that's the cost, also coming from Spain etc... also went to H&M and got some things as gifts mainly , didn't find anything I HAD to have . ha DUDE! I got cruised in the mall bathroom!!! I didn't even have my radar on nor in the mood as I was in shopping mode full on. ha .. so I am in the back stall sitting there taking care of business and probably texting or something and I remember thinking what the heck is the deal with the guy next to me having trouble rattling around with the tp roll thing.... like he couldn't figure it out or something.. ha whatever, anyway, I finish up, walk out, and I see this really nice looking muscular straight looking guy in boots, tight dress pants and dress shirt and carrying his sportscoat and washing his hands... okay no big deal but yeah I noticed him. I turn to the sink opposite side of his and am washing my hands and def checking out his nice solid rear view in those slacks. man! anyway, I'm still thinking nothing and that he's prob not even aware how hot he looks, but next i sort of see him with his arms up and putting on his jackets and we sort of caught eyes in the mirrors . oops.. okay so I start to walk out and go ahead and think well, is this something? before walking right out and glance behind me to see if he's aware, and oops... he's backed up to the stall doors and facing me and looking right at me sort of, and I'm glancing back thinking WHOAH!! this is a situation!!! ha ha ha.. anyway, I continue to leave directly and turn into a sunglasses shop and sort of adjust with my hands in my pocket to get ahold of the situation and calm down.. ha ha... so funny, that is not my scene at all and i was taken off guard completely but impressed at this guy. whoah... I was walking around after that thinking, dude, go home and get on the internet!!!! alas perhaps he's married and that's the only place he thinks he can connect. ahh well...
I eventually got back on the road by 4 and drove through tons of traffic Tuesday night arriving in Austin by 730 about the same time my bud got home from work.
Wednesday we drove around down town and Congress shopping at Mens Servicewear and Stag and some other places.. lot's of fun riding around with the 2 of us on H's scooter yamaha zuma. last night we walked downtown to the long center to hear the orchestra play while an amazing show of fireworks went off... this morning i got up and biked to the YMCA to swim laps while buddy was off to his job. I'm at the cafe now using there wireless and next biking back to H's condo on Lamar, lunch with a former Honduran student and then some shopping and running around this afternoon. :) cheers all hope you're enjoying the week. feel free to leave any comments....

1 comment:

rugbysex said...

austin's a LOT closer than afghanistan. just saying... :)
cheers!