Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July is heating up

great week so far, been doing a lot of yard work, biking around some, college classes going well. we have the last paper due next Monday (also last week of class) so this week was all about prep prep prepping them to write a good paper. talk all about topics on Monday and today was the rough draft due. THis paper is a persuasive essay, so I had to make everyone underline the thesis, discuss if it's arguable, give reasons and points made, what is the other side, etc etc... and of course back it all up with RESEARCH!

 I have been been doing more cardio than actually lifting of weights this week... it gets so hot in the afternoon and you get up there to the gym and no one else is around much since it's summer and I just lose it, don't feel like working out. SUCKS! ahh well, with Austin City Limits festival coming up in OCTober, I know I'll be working out a good two months in prep for the trip. ha Did I mention I bought a steamer insert for a pan on the stove? I got one at Ikea while I was in Texas a few weeks ago. since I've been back, I've been eating steamed broccoli every night for dinner. before it was a few handfuls of cashews and a salad every night. now I'm having a handful of cashews, steamed broccoli, a banana, and MAYBE a bowl of Golden Grahms cereal. hopefully this healthier than what I used to have about every night last summer; a Peter Pan extra crunchy peanut butter and Welch's grape jelly sandwich with chocolate chips, and a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal... ha I'm trying to eat healthy but there are extremely few vegetables that I like to eat. right now I'm loving steamed broccoli. no salt or butter, just plain steam broccoli florettes. yum?

 There is a blog reader in town tonight who had wanted to try and meet up and say hi, but his plane was delayed and I was going to try and meet for lunch or this afternoon to say hey. tonight he got into town while I eating dinner and I wasn't able to make it out. If ossible he may have some time tomorrow morning or lunch depending on if he's busy with whatever he's in town for. I make a terrible impression in person, seriously, pretty difficult to follow through on the meet up to say hi, but I'm usually up for it in a public place etc. ha just for a visit only or course. I have met a reader in OKC before and it went terrible, I was rambling and babbling on, on he was on his phone texting and eating the meal and ready to get the heck out of there. not good. however I met a fellow blogger Mike from California once when he flew into okc. I picked him up at the airport and we had lunch I think. He might be coming back through oKC soon and I can't wait , it's been at least 5 years. so cool, he was just getting into college at the time and now he's all graduated, with a bf, and working fulltime. will be awesome to catch up! It's funny because we already "know" each other from keeping up with each other's blogs where it's all out there. So lot to talk about! Sometimes it's difficult with emails from this blog, because I've already written own stuff I've been up to, and I'm never sure what more to say in an email. I get some good questions thought and do my best to respond.

 I had a really great discussion today with my lesbian friend while we were driving around okc running errands and then grabbing lunch. SHe and I were talking about this book "Gay by God" which talks about various ways people interpret homosexuality in the bible. We were joking how it doesn't really say so much about women specifically more just men. She mentioned that she and her wife hardly had much sex anymore, it was really all about the companionship. ahhh what a wonderful concept, I hope to have that sometime soon. must be nice. It's why I won't get a dog. I'm holding out for a real person to keep me company around here. ha Hope everyone is having a great week, this summer is only getting HOTTER. :)

2 comments:

drew said...

Dan, I will give you a recipe for corn. It is very easy. You leave the corn in the husk and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes. You take it out and it is hot. Let it cool and then cut the corn about 1 inch above the bottom of the ear. Shake the corn and it will come out of the husk without any of the strings or husk. You can do 2 ears for 8 minutes. Very easy. Veggies... I am not a veggie person but this is great!!

Mike said...

Hot blog header pic!

WOW! Has it been 5 years since we met up?! I remember the day very vividly. I would love to see you again, and my little cousins are begging me to come out there. They're cute, how can I resist?

Oh, and as for vegetables, I'm becoming less opposed. I guess I have to dating a vegetarian.

Mushrooms are good.
Onions are good.

As for vegetables that are easy to make and you can be creative adding mushrooms, onions, garlic, or any seasoning to the one below

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-roasted-asparagus/

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mouth-watering-stuffed-mushrooms/

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/dads_stuffed_bell_peppers/

Oh, and you can never beat avocado.