Thursday, July 19, 2012

happy b-day


I'm celebrating a birthday this week....so far it's been a really great week. of course I'm on extra relax chill mode anyway since I go back to work next Friday at the public school.
A BIG THANK YOU to one of my blogger buddies for the gift I got in the mail Tuesday!! cheers to you my friend, very cool that you remembered my daninokc amazon wishlist and sent just the right mix of stuff. a graphic novel by Guy Delisle I've been wanting to get my hands on for a while "Jerusalem", a book about Andrew Wyeth with some very awesome plates of paintings included, and then a dvd I've had on the wishlist forever since I saw the seris on BBC "Manor House". and seriously, I told the guy, a nice happy birthday email would be FINE!! it was a nice gesture and completely appreciated. In fact I've been up later than usual every night reading the graphic novel in bed before falling asleep. AWESOME!
I've actually been running errands the past few days, spending time with friends, and hopefully this weekend at some point I'll get over to my folks for a cake. ha
my aunt had surgery on her throat this week and so she's staying at my folks' place so it's unclear when I'll go over which I told them is completely FINE, no rush. extend the birthday celebrations as long as you want. ha!
well I met the blog reader before lunch today. was a lot of fun, turns out he's a very cool nice guy and travels with work a lot and was glad to have met me and since he comes to OKC and/or Dallas a lot for work, we should be able to hang out some more at least he'll know someone in the city. after that I went to the mall to grab some lunch and look around, didn't buy anything just lunch. :)
swam laps this morning and will be heading to the gym here in a couple hours. tonight I'm going to go hang with my friends in town from AR so I can see their kids and catch up etc... thanks for all the recent comments btw. I am really ready for the weekend!
Drew - yes corn! that's one of the few other vegetables I LOVE, I'll grad some cobs next time at the store and give it a try and see how easy to fix it up.
Mike - I'll check out those links, I definitely like jsut about anything with mushrooms and onions cooked in. yum!
buddy bear- I am really jealous you've been to CUBA, it's definitely still on my life list of things I have to do, so badly hope to visit that place. I got a contact from the TESOL convention last year here in OKC that I need to get on the stick and make it HAPPEN! ha
rambler- tell me more about these pals you find at night at the gym ... :P ha
xavi- it's true...from your comment before. I'm hoping to meet the right guy as a friend first and take it from there.
Thatguy- I appreciate all your comments. I got the email and responding soon. always good to hear someone else can relate.
Gregg- great point, I do have a lot to consider about my self-image. My self-esteem is usally pretty good, I'm a basically happy cheerful optimistic type guy. but my self image probably needs some help when i think about how I'm seen and how I appear as masculine and how I define that, and who i think I want to be etc...acceptance of other guys blah blah.. lots of fears there I'm sure I shoudl work out when considering dating a guy or coming out etc etc... I mean for example I notice a guy and think man would like to get into his pants, and then I think, okay I don't like that guy at all and would never want to date that guy or be seen hanging out with that guy, but why would I want to just get off with that guy, has it something to do with achieving some sort of acceptance or acknowledgement as another male being etc etc blah blah sorry if that doesn't make sense.
JamesinMaine- I love EM Forster, in college I went through a phase of renting any movie made from a Forster novel.
keep the comments and dialogue coming and thanks for the patience with all my random rambling and think throughs via blogging. :)

3 comments:

cafeman said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday!! It is my birthday week too... getting ready to post pics of my gifts... hope you have had a good one... (my day is the 18th)

thatguy said...

Happy birthday, Dan! And thanks for the heads up- you're awesome. :D