Friday, June 08, 2012

table rock morning

Good Morning from Lampe Missouri!  Wednesday morning I was at my friend A's work by 6:15am to move furniture out of a mobile home on the lot and into another that they were backing up and just delivering at 6:30 am.. an extra $100 made and I was out of there by 8:15am drove back home, breakfast, shaved, perused the yard outside then back in the pickup to get to the college by 930 for my office hours before class.  a good group of students showed up. I'm worried about one guy that was in a writing class last semester, it's a class they make you take if you don't qualify for comp I.  well anyway, there was another new guy showing up who is sort of nice looking and seems pretty motivated , only thing sucks is the nasty ear things in his ear lobes, I forget what they are called but those disgusting rings guys put in their ears that get bigger and bigger... they're gross. no offense to anyone reading with that, but gross.
I will give it to the guys who are looking pretty rough and rock and roll maybe some tattoos, you know, really embracing the style. but like this guy in my class who is dressed all normal and then has those things in his ears. I just think to myself, man, think of another way to show the world "I'm alternative!".. ha ha.  anyway, I'm sure he's a great guy etc...
went home from class, had lunch, it rained most of the rest of the day so I couldn't mow, instead went over to A's to hang out (she's off on Wed) and next to the grocery store to stock up on stuff my sisters told me to bring this weekend.  Yesterday I waited for my sis to get into town from Mangum, then we hit the road ... driving through Tulsa, Siloam Springs, Rogers, and then here to Table Rock Lake.  My other two sisters and spouses and mom and dad were already here, we had a great time last night relaxing and talking and doing nothing.  this place has 5 rooms and 4.5 baths. except today my brother and his wife will arrive so I'll take a blow up mattress my parents brought and he'll get the nice room I slept in last night. I'm good at camping out and sleeping about anywhere so I'm fine on the blow up mattress 2 more nights.   Today there will be some of us hitting the outlet mall near, others golfing all morning, and then tonight we're eating out in Branson, tomorrow my brother has rented a pontoon boat so we can hang out on the lake all day. hope everyone enjoys a great weekend. I'll try to still get some pics posted when/if possible...  someone comment on the skateboard video. I thought it was cool how they edited in some old park footage into the video.

2 comments:

drew said...

I always hated being the single guy earlier in my life. It was always the fold out couches or air mattress. Now I'm paying and it is the master suite for me and the others can have what is left!!

SCalRF said...

I was just out on a pontoon boat in Table Rock Lake a few weeks ago, haha.