Thursday, June 28, 2012

another week of summer

just got back from a road trip this evening... after class yesterday I drove way out west to Mangum OK and helped my sister pack up stuff last night, stayed overnight and then packed more this morning. basically just box up stuff and take stuff out of closets and cabinets and get boxed up and labelled. we took a break to watch anne curry say goodbye on today.  I felt sorry for her sticking it out so long on that show and all she gets is a little goodbye, after Katie Couric's huge sendoff, and then LOVE they poured all over Meredith Viera when she left... and Ann C just gets a little goodbye today is my last day segment?!?!? wth?  anyway, lots of fun all day, taking breaks now and then to watch something on HGTV ( sister has direct tv and I don't so lots of channels for me I don't usually get to see. ha) Man nothing like driving back to OKC in over 100 degree weather. yikes! and it's still just June... I am really looking forward to getting out here though next week. JULY 4th and all next week I'll be in big AUSTIN TX! woohoo. ha can't wait, I'm going to stay w/ my bud H down there and I'm bringing S's bike down there with me so we can ride around, if you see a guy on a beautiful classic  aqua green Bianchi bike with red handle bars, could be me. :)
we plan on watching the fireworks downtown from the Long Center tent.  Also hopefully I'll get some chill time while bud H is at work and I can run around and shop a bit, been forever, you know I always have to hit STAG Austin on Congress and also the Service Menswear store...
I have tons to do between now and getting away to Austin, tomorrow I plan on seeing the movie "Moonrise Kingdom" then dinner with a girl I went to HS with, the veterinarian I've mentioned before. Saturday I have movie plans to see Brave with S buddy here in okc. most of the weekend in between all that other stuff I have about 18 informative essays to grade...will return those to class Monday and then a dentist apnt that afternoon. yikes! I'm going to try and drive down Monday night to Dallas and see Randy hopefully, staying w/ a friend in Dallas and then drive down to Austin Tuesday morning...
Anyone getting to the lake for the 4th???? I wish I was, man I love being on the lake in summertime. but I'll just have to settle for Barton Springs in Austin this year.. ha
NEWS ON THE JOB FRONT!  We have a GO for the deal overseas teaching in Kabbuull . My contact wants me to go over there for a few months and teach and train teachers and get the school set up.  He wants me to help recruit 5-10 teachers to sign a year contract making 6 figures living there on a base and teaching English. whoah!  thing is, I already have a job starting in August (going back to my public school job). I told him I can't quit that job until I know the contract for the school in Norman is a complete go ahead! then I'm ready to work for him and travel anywhere anytime as long as I always have the teaching job in Norman to come back to. that's where I'm standing now anyway. I dunno I have to call him tomorrow and talk about it more etc...   I have posted twice on my social network status about looking for English teachers to go overseas to affghhannnistan for a year and no ones' really shown interest yet. go figure, ha ha. I must have been crazy to do it myself and no way would I go back for a full year, a few months is one thing, but never again a year. :)
oh and the other dilemma is I bought two 3 day passes to Austin City Limits music festival coming up in October so how the heck am I going to time being in Austin for that??? ha ha. this is going to prove to be an interesting fall. hope all are enjoying the summer, up to 106 here today. ughhhhh.....

1 comment:

thatguy said...

Dude, Barton Springs isn't something you settle on! And I may see you w/out knowing you at the Long Center; the fireworks and the symphony are so amazing.