Wednesday, May 09, 2012

countdown to summer!

had my last college class last night! just before class I locked my keys in my pickup on the seat, but I did have the window cracked.  I went inside and before calling security to come help I decided to look for a hangar, all I found were a few spiral notebooks left in our office. I removed the spiral of one of them, stretched it out, and went outside to try it out.... took a lot of wiggling but I got the hook around my keychain and up through the crack in the window. success! I then walked back inside and took a pencil and wound the wire around it and then replaced the spiral into all the holes on the notebook, making jokes about hiding all the evidence... ha
anyway,  the students all finished up the last paper assessment in class and left after chit chatting a bit with me, and mostly I got a lot of "I enjoyed your class" from students. Always sad to say goodbye once you get to know everybody... but I am VERY GLAD to have some free Tuesday nights until next August. ha...
okay, here's the strange thing about my public high school job yesterday. we had the health clinic girls come in and continue their educational seminars with our newcomer class last hour.  this was about their 5th or 6th visit. well anyway, they were talking all about condoms.  so they demonstrated first the condom and how it fit over her hand and fist and forearm etc... then they spoke about not using expired condoms etc.. then one of the kids read from a manual (this was all in Spanish) about how to put on the condom while the young lady there demonstrated on a wooden model, sort of a thick stick with a rounded  knob at end, go figure.... anyway she put some lube in it first and then demonstrated how to leave some extra part at the end... next, yes for real, they pass out a wooden model to all 10 students and a condom, and then go around the room, squirting a bit of lube into each, and letting them practice putting them on. and then going around to check they did it properly... ha ha.  I'm just cracking up at the surreality of it all and yet keeping a stern face about "boys be mature" and " boys no bad jokes" and such all in spanish.
they were nervously laughing and cracking up here and there but overall handled the situation pretty well. I felt sorry for the one girl in class with 9 boys... ahh well.  THey also demonstrated and had everyone take it off tie it in a knot and throw away... I didn't get much of the presentation 'cause it was in Spanish and I was grading papers acting disinterested of course. ha ha
so the week is flying by nicely. gym today doing back and shoulders....and the rest of the week I'll be grading papers from the ONLINE class which is over by Thursday night, their deadline to turn in final essay.  woot woot.  I will teach a summer course on Monday and Wed morning this JUNE and JULY. but until then just teaching English and ending the school year. :)
I referred a kid today who was a bit conrontational and defiant in class, and I added in the note to the principal to have someone check if his uncle has legal guardianship because he lives in our district with his uncle (who he works with at the pawnshop) and his mom lives in a suburb west of OKC.  I hate to be a jerk but the kid is asking for it.  hope ieveryone's having a great week. I just got off the phone with my ex gf and will momentarily crashing into bed......zzzzz

3 comments:

ullash said...

We offers a variety associated with Extreme Pak School
Camouflage duffle Backpack with rapidly and Free delivery on qualified orders.


camouflage backpack
camouflage duffel bag
camouflage flask
camouflage knives
camouflage tote bag

Anonymous said...

Check the youtube vids on opening your truck. Use antenna from truck, lift door handle, see holes, insert antenna, push lock mechanism upward, takes a couple of minutes first time, seconds after practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zDhois8Io8

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNb4YKBlRo

buchhben said...

I too have locked keys in truck. I was told by grandfather always have a wire hanger in the bed, so I do. Can't tell you how many people I've helped, so now I got a SlimJim tool and can open almost anything in seconds.