Thursday, March 22, 2012

lazy thursday

well we had tons of rain last weekend and I was thinking about it yesterday and how I hadn't heard my sump pump come on lately, and sure enough it was unplugged. with about 7-8 inches of water in the basement area ( about a walk in closet size, just enough for pipes and a water heater) under the house. I proceeded to take off my shoes and socks and wade over to the sump pump and plug it in...however. next problem it was overflowing at the laundry drain. I plugged that up and then the kitchen sinks filled up and overflowed onto the floor. great!
well I spent the next few hours going up and down the steps and out to the back porch with a 5 gallon bucket to empty some of the water. the water level was just right at the bottom of my water tank, and although I had very hot water last night before going to bed, this morning it was lukewarm, no more hot.
I called the roto rooter guy first thing this morning and had him come over. he found a few roots going out towards the yard from the clean out hole under the back deck. then he found a bunch of gunk going in towards the house... after a while we had the pump back running and emptying water from below... now I'm doing laundry to wash all the towels and stuff I had all over the floor last night. AND I have a hair dryer propped up against the pan under the water heater to dry it out and hopefully get the filter dried up so I can relight the pilot light. URGHHH.. I've done this once before so I hope the water heater will light back up like it did last time.
oh yeah woke up with my back feeling very stiff and my shoulders tight, I think from hauling all the water up, i dunno, but I took an Aleve and slept in some , no swimming today. yuck.
otherwise an uneventful day. the plumber guy was an Iraq vet from CA who lives here now with 3 kids and recently divorced, a sort of libertarian type guy. nice enough and I got out for $99 for the service. SO that evens out with the $100 I earned yesterday for helping my friend move furniture in and out of different trailors where she sells them on a lot.
btw, same friend is a lesbian with a wife here in town and she was trying to think of who she knew that she could set me up with. ha.. I told her I pretty much though I knew everyone here in OKC but maybe not... she knows my whole faith issues and such so we'll see what happens with that. She also spoke about how her wife and her have tried to artificially inseminate the wife 3 times with no luck. I was joking around about me donating for free and they could try the turkey baster method ( seriously, it works, this male nurse guy I know here in town has a kid with his lesbian friends that way). ANyway, I doubt either of us were serious, but I was sort of thinking about the ethics and trouble and responsibilities it would entail. I've so given up on ever having kids, I couldn't even imagine what I'd do in that situation. But I have to honestly say I'd definitely consider it if it ever came up for real. I hope everyone's enjoying a great spring break.

4 comments:

Dwayne said...

Wow, sounds like an exciting day to finish up your break with. Hope the weekend is better.

rugbysex said...

hairdryers aren't safe professor. ugh!
cheers!

Anonymous said...

Who unplugged the sump pump?

I think you should have more serious discussions about breeding with the lesbians. Life has a way of passing us by, go for it if you want a kid.

EX frat man said...

"woke up with my back feeling very stiff and my shoulders tight"

you need a good massage ...