Saturday, February 04, 2012

singles

well good ole rugbysex survived and is recuping painfully impatiently as ever but he desevers to be impatient, there's so much he'd rather be doing. The great thing is he had a BF there with him all throughout.
My week went pretty well, kids are learning English and handling equivalent fractions well enough. We'll see how they do with mixed numbers (oh my) this next week. My goal is to have them solving two step equations and graphing a line before the year's over. :)
Anyone else single and find themselves on weekend just waiting between meals for the next one? I got plenty to do around here but sometimes I'm not motivated to do much and just mess around the house til the weekend's over... must be 'cause it's winter.
or my buddy S. is in AR every other weekend!!!! ha ha, nah just kidding S. buddy.
I was at Home Depot today returning a wrench and had my usual Saturday pizza for lunch at this local place I can't get enough of. this morning I watched "HAIR" on Netflix, basically just to have the music going while I cleaned up the place. What a difference it makes having been to NYC Central park and seeing that movie. I hadn't watched it since college, watching it now I really like the dance sequences at the opening and in the park and etc.. It came to the bought where the black guy's girlfriend and kid show up and she's really trying to relate to him and talk and he just tell's her to "go away woman" and I started crying. then she sings that really sad song.. It was also sad to watch the part at the end where they are at the cemetery and headstones... I mean in college, that was just before we went into Iraq and watching it then you just sort of thought of so many deaths during war as something in the past, and these days it's something very real.
I watched a bit of "Objectified" tonight on Netflix. If you haven't seen "Beautiful Losers" yet, it's on netflix.. ok I got to go, Channing Tatum is on SNL and it's distracting.

ED. true about the comment on expectations of others.. and I hope it didn't sound like a gripe above, totally just an observance that my single independence leaves me with a lot of freedom to do what I want and if I choose not to make plans or do anything, well there ya go, I get antsy around the house and find myself thinking, ok what do I want to do next? ha key word is WANT to do...
but yeah I always find plenty to do around here, much of it too boring to bother even blogging about. one thing that drove me crazy last night is after all the errands I was running around doing yesterday I forgot to get to the store for bread, I was enjoying an XMEN movie on tv ( sidenote: I've never seen any of the XMEN films because I loved Storm in the marvel comics growing up and when I saw it was Halle Barry as Storm I decided never to watch a film. ha I've never liked halle barry ever since she was on the Letterman show after he did the Oscars and came across as VERY ARROGANT and marked her on my never see a film with that person in it list. you know the one with Richard Gere, Kevin Costner, and Denzel Washington on it?)
so I'm watching the second half of the film on tv and enjoying all the special effects and the actors playing Dr. Xavier and Magneto.. and trying to figure out who is playing Jean Grey... and thinking if I'm able to separate myself from the voice of Kelsy grammar and think of him as the Beast, and I think ok time for a sandwich, an NO BREAD! UGH!!! I made it to the grocery store and back in 11 minutes flat leaving just at the start of a commercial. ha

ED. Thatguy, I know I should watch 'em. I just like the way I remember all the characters as how I read them in the comic books. plus like I said the Halle B thing... same reason I never was the Simon Birch movie because the Prayer for Owen Meany is so much better I don't want to have any different visuals for how I created the characters... ha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people in general get some of their motivation from the expectations of others.

thatguy said...

You pretty much described my weekends. During the day, it's basically just watching movies until the evenings, if I have plans or something.

And I can't believe you've never seen the X-Men films! Try the new one, it's pretty awesome.