Monday, February 13, 2012

the "boring gay" agenda, a good thing!


I had a great time hosting Randy and his bf last weekend and the even was a good start to their "tour." It was a blast of cold weather this weekend which made for less people out on the streets, but still. It was very cool they had a volunteer drive down from my very own same college in NW Arkansas on Saturday. how cool. Randy said the guy name Wil was str8 and engaged and had a dad who's a preacher and start really wanted to help what they were doing. Another blond haired guy showed up to help out on SUnday but it was so cold, they didnt' have a table set up outside so he stayed inside with them while they were eating lunch. you can see the kid to the right of Randy in Green in the pic above. (and maybe my little ford ranger in the reflection ?). Comments have asked about how I could support Randy with how I feel about my faith which I'm always blogging about etc... well first of all, he' a friend, so I got his back regardless. But for another thing, it's the whole point of his project of building bridges between extreme religious right groups and/or the church in general. And I also love that they want to show gay as same as you and me in society. NOT THE PARADERS DRAG QUEENED UP, NOT THE CIRCUIT PARTY AND PLAYERS, THE MEN IN BATHROOMS, THE SLEEP AROUND JACK AND WILL from tv, etc....although I suppose Jack and Wil are allowed to sleep around as much as Sam the bartender and Cheers or Rachel from Friends.. but I'm digressing. Yeah I support as he's doing, would I go out and wear the Gay Agenda t-shirt he left on my bed? hmmmmm , and nah I didn't take my parents to see the exhibit. THis remains a closet gay blog but my status is probably pretty gray to most people I know and I wouldn't live my life any differently if I were in or out of the closet so what's the point. now I'm really digressing. anyway, let me know anyone who saw them in OKC or maybe online. I'm looking for to them again this spring when I do my usual trip to Dallas. :)

you know you want to rock a hunter's orange hat like me.. do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if celibate, in or out of the closet is a different experience.

robert said...

It is hard to imagine that you would not live a different life out of the closet. Just by virtue of being "out" it would be a different life. I find it disturbing to read that you have a friend such as Randy Potts, and can keep that and his work so compartmentalized in your life.