Monday, January 09, 2012

Monday Monday

I was just driving home from the stock club meeting tonight and was thinking about some good words if I were ever to write a country song " Janurary moon, you're the brightest thing in my life tonight.." ha ha... I don't even know if that makes sense but I think it sounds like a good beginning to some sad song. another line I came up with is this " that couple in the rearview mirror makes me wish that you were nearer.." ha ha something like that anyway. whatever
jsut got back from a monthly stock club meeting, we didn't buy any stocks tonight instead, we're gonna wait and then buy with next months monthly dues added to tonights and then go from there. last month we bought 100 shares of First Trust COmpany stocks, and basically have been going for safe stocks that at least have some sort of dividend. BGG was recommended to consider for next month. or Canadian Oil Sands. anyway, I recently got a bill for paying back up escrow from my refinance last year, so I was asking about selling my recent stock purchase of SD or getting rid of my NCS stock from 2 years ago that hasn't changed much. We all agreed selling off the NCS stock that's just a dollar more than I bought it way back was the better one to sell to get my cash to pay that bill. Sandridge oil is bound to come up some more! :)
I did a lot of pricing of plane tickets today, trying to keep it around 800 or less for a roundtrip to anywhere overseas even though it's just a week, so I might consider going to London for a week in March and staying at the Dover Street Hostel which is cheap and clean and easy to get to around town. I like it anyway and have stayed there before etc...
thanks for the recent comments everyone. I think Shawn referred to another reader's comment about getting married etc, everyone has their own point of view. there are many gay blogs with pics out there, and hopefully readers figure out this is a closet gay blog, ( if you're reading, otherwise just scroll down and check out the pics, maybe the music? ). I wanted to sort of point out that the whole deal about closet guys sitting on the fence and coming out or not is sort of catch 22 when you discuss whether to just come out already or not. Most closet guys who are very aware of their sexual inclinations are perhaps not comfortable with how they will be seen or thought of if everyone knew them as a gay person.....on the other hand, out and proud gay guys might say that if all the gay men would come out and let the world know who they prefer sleeping with, then it would be more normal and acceptable etc... so it's a tough argument, not really what this blog is about. WHen blogging began, and when I began this blog a LOT of guys were connecting and sharing about this process of coming out. I found myself way different than most bloggers in that I didnt' really ever plan on coming out, just wanted to blog about how I was dealing with it and/or considering it. And one by one most of them wrote about coming out, and then most stopped blogging because they had nothing more to say, they were OUT! ha the best thing I've gotten from this blog is connecting with guys who are in a similar position, and I'm not one to say YES COME OUT NOW, OR NO NEVER COME OUT, or YOU ARE GAY, or YOU ARE NOT GAY. I will say as I am pretty sure I have before that sexuality is SO varied and of many colors and intensities and flavors and I don't think it has to be only 2 boxes for every guy to fit in. must everything so polarized, is that getting our nation anywhere? :)
ok well hoepfully that makes sense, guys good job commenting and getting discussion going. good Monday to all.

5 comments:

tfpld1963@aol.com said...

Well said Dan. March to your own drum.

drew said...

Dan,
Have you mentioned Fastenal?? My cousin has an investment club and they have made hundreds of thousands on that stock over the years. Splits, Splits and more splits. Please consider it..

Anonymous said...

May I ask.. how old are you?

rugbysex said...

most of my life i pursued "sex as sport" because i didn't want a relationship. that would ultimately mean "coming out." i was happy with things as they were. fast forward. i met my life partner and it did indeed mean coming out. i was one of the lucky few who only rec'd. the love and support of friends. i'm not about to argue the virtues of coming out. everyone has to decide for themselves when and if the time is right. but i thank God every day that i've experienced the love of the beloved. it has given shape and meaning to my life. i just hope everyone experiences that at some point in their life.
cheers!

Anonymous said...

Dan, keep in mind that the best time during the week to purchase plane tickets is 1:00am on Wednesday mornings. It is when prices are rock bottom for the week due to the companys computer schedules for 'pull out all the price stops' for that week. Try it...!