Friday, December 23, 2011

few days left

A friend from DC is visiting this week and stayed at my place last night ( guest room), he used to live here in okc and has stayed at my place while in town seeing his former frat brothers and a nephew the last few years over the holidays , and I think he has stuff in storage here still somewhere.... anyway, he does nation building sort of work between DC and Africa with different countries there for an NGO. he's "out" in DC and dating a guy there also...... so he's always really really fun and interesting to catch up with and hear about his travels and his job and points of view on things politically and gay life/ culture etc... great guy. we went out last night with my OKC bud scott and had a great time out to dinner and then the mall to see if that cute guy Isaac was working and then drove up Western to see the lights at Chesapeake energy co. THis year the lights change and they have 4 or 5 construction cranes all lit up above. it's wild and fun.
They had chatted before online years ago and are facebook friends but had never met in person before so last night they finally did. ha
I've been enjoying the house all cleaned up, trying to resist past hook up buds online since I got all this extra time on my hands, and I'm still getting gifts wrapped and otherwise just enjoying my TIME OFF. ahh yeah! hope all are enjoying the holidays and getting out there and taking some time from all the daily stressful things. let me know if anyone is traveling around. only thing I have planned to do next week is drive down to Dallas for some shopping and check out some clubs the nights before New Years. Thursday and Friday night before new years are usually a big night out for guys in Dallas. any readers down there? let me know what some good places to hit might be. I'm really just coming down there to shop around maybe the outlet mall in plano and Ikea and West Elm etc.. ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Grapevine Mills? It has an outlet for Neiman Marcus and Saks. Its about 2 miles north of DFW airport.

Not a bad idea to call before you leave OKC and see if one of the stores is having a sale event on a particular day. Also, ask the clerks when your in the store, sometimes they have coupons for extra savings. If you use a Neiman credit card you get an extra 10% off at their outlet.

Also, Nordstrom's has outlets called, The Rack. One is in Plano on Preston Road, another on Park Lane in Dallas, and yet another at the Parks in Arlington on South Cooper St.

There is a Dillards outlet at the Irving mall.